PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Social Anxiety

Bobby.O
December 22nd, 2016, 03:24 AM
I have bad anxiety and really bad social anxiety I shy away people and don't talk much people tend to think it's because I'm stuck up which is not the case. I get all sweaty and start to fidget when I'm talking to someone who I'm not familiar with and it only happens in person or when I'm talking on the phone and video chatting I'm completely fine when I'm talking to someone through text message or online through messenger. Am I the only one? I know I'm not but I feel like it sometimes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can cope or get through this??

Irishperson15
December 26th, 2016, 07:59 PM
There is probably no easy way to overcome it Bobby, other than trying to branch out. If you find it difficult, it is better to do it slowly at first. Try to meet up with someone from college or school, work whatever or even some club or group you're in. This will help you gain greater confidence in yourself and when you have more confidence in yourself, you can then start to try and feel comfortable with more than one person. It probably won't be easy for you bro but just keep your head up. I used to be way more shy and worried about what everyone thought but now I have realised than if I just do my thing then those that matter will stick around and what is meant to be will be. Just try your best mate, it isn't easy but then again, nothing worthwhile is ever easy :) let me know how you get on.

Amethyst Rose
December 26th, 2016, 08:16 PM
I also deal with very bad anxiety. Something that might be helpful for you is when you start talking to someone you don't know well, ask them questions. Let them do all the talking. Once they tell you a little about themselves, you'll feel more comfortable and it will be easier to carry on a conversation. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work every time - some people click and some don't. What matters is that you make an effort to step out of your comfort zone and get to know people. It's easier said than done, so don't overthink it. Just do it before you have time to change your mind (that's what works for me).