PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon (First Impressions?)

Uniquemind
December 22nd, 2016, 12:00 AM
So if you've played the games, what was your first impression of the story and character development?

Love it? Hate it? Was it meh?

Compare it to other generations of pokemon games, how does it compare?

Discuss!

KBar33
December 22nd, 2016, 02:56 AM
I absolutely adore this generation! I think these are he best characters to ever come out of a Pokémon title, ever! The story had a little bit of pacing issues towards he end imo, but overall I thought it was fantastic. It is for sure my second favorite generation. I'll put them all in a list for ya.

1. Gen 3
2. Gen 7
3. Gen 6
4. Gen 2
5. Gen 4
6. Gen 5
7. Gen 1

I really love the innovation and the new pokedex, they really did a solid in improving outdated mechanics and revitalizing the franchise without compromising the integrity and core of the series itself. Overall a phenomonial game, and a phenomenal generation as of now!

Uniquemind
December 22nd, 2016, 03:34 PM
My problem with generation 3 were the post-game glitch, and the segmentation, of not being able to complete a pokedex with one game file and the fact that I missed out on various exclusive pokemon events because I was too young at the time to be present for them.

Gen 3 had post-game issues, and background math issues for pokemon stats (IV glitches in the roamers like Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, and if they roar'd you they mysteriously disappeared from the game).

It comes down to growing berries, and redo'ing elite 4, endlessly, with Emerald being an exception for battle frontier, but that's hard if you don't have a perfect team with IV's, EV's, and nature and right moveset.

Kind of wish you could follow Lillie around post-game.

I am hoping for games that allow for a character to glide through multiple region travels in storyline and in post-game.

Porpoise101
December 22nd, 2016, 03:56 PM
I am going to use math to give this a rating. Each category is worth 1-7 multiplied by a weight that I give importance to. The more points the better.

http://i.imgur.com/C6bVB1C.png

Essentially, the post-game was terrible and the rest of it was pretty good.

Uniquemind
December 23rd, 2016, 03:50 AM
I felt that Gladion was under developed and under utilized as a character.

Before I started the game I thought I'd hate the character of Lillie, but in the end she was really sweet. Emotionally I kept envisioning her as a 7-8 year old but visually the game is obviously is pushing the idea that you are the same age as her character (10-11).

I might also add that Lillie's design reminded me of a ex-friend of mine who turned out to be a rich-princess backstabbing snob of a friend. So perhaps there was some emotional spillover there.

garfield221
January 5th, 2017, 03:27 PM
I think it´s very good, but the classic yellow gbc is everything to me