PDA

View Full Version : chain reaction

Pyromaniac27
December 20th, 2016, 11:34 AM
so basically my family problems start with someone doing something stupid, even small things irritate my dad. then he yells, causing my mom and relatives to yell, starting the process over and over. how do i break this cycle???

Bontigo Papi .
December 20th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Basically , if problems arise , calmly addressing it solves a whole lot , and speaking about it other then shouting will not cause any unneeded tension in the house .

Pyromaniac27
December 20th, 2016, 01:39 PM
my dad only knows shouting

Bontigo Papi .
December 20th, 2016, 02:17 PM
You should try convincing him to do anger management courses , I know it's not easy but get teachers or social workers to help you .

Pyromaniac27
December 20th, 2016, 02:23 PM
we tryed that many times....

Phosphene
December 20th, 2016, 03:22 PM
If your dad refuses to chaoge, you could talk to your other relatives about their reactions to him. Their yelling back fuels his anger; if they remain calm when discussing things, he'll stop once he realizes he's not getting a retaliation.

Fleek
December 20th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Amethyst_ I agree! (Great advice to anyone!) Couldn't have said it better myself

Dalcourt
December 20th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Yeah...as Amethyst_ already said if you can't get your Dad to change your other relatives that shout back are the ones to break the cycle. And maybe if he doesn't get that reaction( your Dad somehow provokes with his shouting?) back he won't shout so much either in the long run.

Just JT
December 21st, 2016, 12:02 AM
That is a good idea. What I'm not sure of is who is he yelling at. Is it you or others? If he's yelling at you, what I used to do is just ignore the person yelling at me. They do get angier. And most times it provoked a pretty good beating if they were pissed off enough. But after a while they understood I just didn't give a shit about it. I disliked being yelled at more than a beating. But I never let them know that. They just began to realize I wouldn't give in, and listen to their yelling cause I just blocked it out. It eventually stopped. Not sure I'd suggest that you though. But it might work

ClaraWho
December 21st, 2016, 09:49 AM
Sometimes you cannot change people, only ensure you don't grow up to replicate thier mistakes.

~ Clara

jamie_n5
December 22nd, 2016, 08:10 PM
Your dad is what he is. I take it that most of these arguments are between adult relatives and don't directly involve you. Do any of these incidents get physical? Your dad definitely has anger issues and emotional problems. He would be a great candidate for anger management classes. I don't know what is really proper. You could report this behavior to social services if you feel it's bad or getting worse.

Uniquemind
December 23rd, 2016, 06:08 PM
You can't control what others do, that's on them.

Leave the premise if you don't want to be witness to everything.

Trevor.
December 30th, 2016, 03:09 AM
so basically my family problems start with someone doing something stupid, even small things irritate my dad. then he yells, causing my mom and relatives to yell, starting the process over and over. how do i break this cycle???

I would start by talking to your dad about this. If you sibling does something dumb change the situation and make it a funny moment. Don't start yelling at your dad for starting it... Just calmly and politely tell him so he doesn't think your being rude. :)

Pyromaniac27
December 30th, 2016, 08:28 AM
hes super serious, i dont yell at him, my mom does, then he yells back, and then my sister starts to yell, so im basically sitting somwhere taking cover from them... my dad doesn't take criticism well