PDA

View Full Version : Any metalheads here?

dijutu
December 19th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Any metalheads here? :metal: Jamming to Insomnium currently

Bontigo Papi .
December 19th, 2016, 09:11 AM
I've always felt like this was "tikkop" music . Music that you listen to when you're heavily drugged because metal music seems so ... weird . my opinion only .

dijutu
December 19th, 2016, 09:16 AM
I've always felt like this was "tikkop" music . Music that you listen to when you're heavily drugged because metal music seems so ... weird . my opinion only .

Well your reaction is normal haha :D

Periphery
December 19th, 2016, 09:23 AM

The thing is, metal is (in my opinion) one of the broadest genres out there. It's simply impossible to judge the genre based on a few songs (that goes for all the other genres out there too tbh). It's very diverse in it's stylistic approaches and overall sound.

dijutu
December 19th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Lamb of God :cool:

Bontigo Papi .
December 19th, 2016, 12:01 PM
The thing is, metal is (in my opinion) one of the broadest genres out there. It's simply impossible to judge the genre based on a few songs (that goes for all the other genres out there too tbh). It's very diverse in it's stylistic approaches and overall sound.

Every metal song I've come across has been full of random drum banging and people stroking electric guitars like they're grating cheese .

Periphery
December 19th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Every metal song I've come across has been full of random drum banging and people stroking electric guitars like they're grating cheese .

That's no reason to actually judge the genre though, just listen to this:

-0Ao4t_fe0I

There are many bands who don't do what you just mentioned, another band (and a very, very, very legendary and big metal band)

qEja72NSg5Q

Never judge a genre based on a couple of songs, my friend

everlong
December 21st, 2016, 07:41 PM
I don't know if I'd consider myself a metalhead, since I really listen to a lot besides metal, but I do love metal. I'm really into nu-metal bands like Korn, SOAD, and Slipknot. I've also been really getting into metalcore bands like BMTH and Of Mice and Men recently. Industrial metal, like NIN and Ministry, are pretty good too. I wanna listen to more metal music, it's been a recurring thought in the back of my head for a while now.

BlackParadePixie
December 22nd, 2016, 03:46 PM
I don't think I would call myself a metalhead...but I do like alot of metal bands.

Pyromaniac27
December 22nd, 2016, 04:24 PM
i love metal