PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what sexuality I am?

LovelyPaintings
December 17th, 2016, 07:09 PM
So, I used to think that I was bisexual and then I was actually in a serious relationship and after that ended I identified as Asexual. But after talking to some friends they told me that the way I described myself didn't sound asexual. Can anyone help me?

I don't enjoy sex, foreplay is fine, like kissing and cuddling and all that I love, but when it actually gets down to sex I don't have any interest. I am attracted to both genders but I don't want to have sex. So, I'm not sure? And lately I haven't found myself being romantically nor sexually attracted to anybody. Like I'll see someone that I know I would've found attractive before and I feel almost nothing? Like I see everyone in a platonic light? Is something wrong with me?

Just JT
December 18th, 2016, 08:40 AM
It sound a sexual to me. But I also don't like labels about sexuality either. Bottom line you should do what makes you feel best and feels good for you. Sexuality is confusing stuff. You don't need to define yours ever in reality. So why rush it?

NewLeafsFan
December 19th, 2016, 07:21 PM
To be honest with you, I don't understand how you can be attracted to someone sexually and not want to be envolved with them sexually.

People that are not sexually attracted to anyone are considered to be asexual.

Don't worry so much about giving your sexual orientation a label. When and if you want to have sex with someone it is your choice. If you never want to have sex, don't.

DoodleSnap
December 20th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Don't worry about labelling yourself - just roll with it. Give yourself time to learn about yourself and experience the world, and let the label fit you, rather than fitting yourself into a label. It'll work out in time.

Good luck.

Nightfall_
December 22nd, 2016, 07:06 PM
Like the others have said, label's arent compulsory, but if you feel closure in a lable, or you just want one, you sound like you are an asexual/aromantic. Asexuals and aromantics are a lot like being bi. You might swing certain ways more, but you're still bi. With Asexuals, you can still enjoy sexual things and find pleasure in them, it's just that you have no desire to have sex, and sometimes you just feel nothing at all while doing sexual things. Does that make sense? I hope I helped x

jamie_n5
December 22nd, 2016, 08:19 PM
It looks to me like you are really struggling with what your sexuality is. This is causing you to lose interest in any sexual activity until you figure out where you stand. What is your born sex? I am guessing you were born a girl. These type of sexual frustrations happen more to girls than to boys. I think that you just need to give yourself time to think all these things out. You may even want to seek help from a counselor. Good luck.