PDA

View Full Version : Is this sexual abuse? Is this illegal? What can I do?

Ffdp16
February 22nd, 2014, 08:46 PM
I'm 16 so I can consent can't I?

I was previously homeless... I've been having sex with this guy so I can have a place to stay. He's apart of a "family" sorta thing so I have a bit of trepidation. I don't want anyone to find out if it's not legal. But, in my state, 16 is the age of consent so is it legal or illegal our relationship? Do I have to be discreet about it? Or no?

AlexOnToast
February 22nd, 2014, 08:48 PM
What age were you when the sexual encounters first occurred? That detail can make a lot of difference

Ffdp16
February 22nd, 2014, 08:58 PM
16 I've only been 16. Before I was 16 I was with a foster family and their son loved beating up fags so I left I had had enough with different families same actions. I left at 16 and I met him at 16. I feel though I don't like certain aspects of our relationship but I don't feel abused.

workingatperfect
February 22nd, 2014, 10:21 PM
For California the age of consent is 18. If there are no parents/guardians in the picture that could press charges from either side, you should be fine though. However, be careful how you word your relationship. The way you wrote it here, it sounds like solicitation and that's illegal.

Ffdp16
February 22nd, 2014, 10:53 PM
I'm not in california I'm nearby though I should change my location.

I was more so not sure what to call him. Like if it was ok to call him my boyfeiend.

AlanPeanuts
February 23rd, 2014, 04:10 AM
Well it depends.
First off in a lot of states, there are 'Romeo/Juliet' laws, where a say, 19-year-old, could have sex with a 16 or 17-year-old legally. But you're above the age of consent, there's nothing illegal about it, unless he's raping you or something.

Ffdp16
February 23rd, 2014, 09:36 AM
He's not even 29 yet. He isn't an old man I don't like old men. I don't know if we have those laws here really pertaining Romeo Juliet laws I'll look it up.

Actually I think it's ok because it doesn't seem to apply since I'm a guy.

Also I just read for Nevada there are no Romeo and Juliet laws and its strictly 16 and up. Only a few things I couldn't say but I can definitely say he's my bf. I'm going to tell him because he constantly acts like he doesn't want to be open about this because of my age. I've always known 16 was the age of consent so I thought that was odd.

Please use "Edit" button next time. ~Tiago