PDA

View Full Version : best time of year to look for work

josh wendt
December 16th, 2016, 01:46 AM
What is the best time of year to look for part time/casual employment?

Just JT
December 16th, 2016, 06:37 AM
That might depend on the work and where you are. Some areas are like seasonal work and some jobs are year round. What kinda work you looking for?

bentheplayer
December 16th, 2016, 10:43 AM
If its ur first time looking for work u might want to check this out. https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-will-help/templates-and-guides/best-practice-guides/a-guide-for-young-workers

Like JT said, the timing will depend on industry sector and place. You can always approach a few job centers or job agencies near you to look for job opportunities. If you aren't fussy it shouldn't be terribly difficult to get one.

Melodic
December 16th, 2016, 02:32 PM
I can say around the holidays is an extremely good time to find a job in retail. Usually every store is hiring more workers to help out with the holiday crowds.

Just JT
December 16th, 2016, 02:40 PM
I found it easy last year to work at a local ski area as an instructor. And in the summer doing some landscape type work in the past to. Somit all kinda depends on what you want to do

StoppingTom
December 16th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Holiday season and Winter/Spring break are good times, but you've gotta beat college kids returning home to the punch.

The Byrd
December 22nd, 2016, 04:43 PM
I can say around the holidays is an extremely good time to find a job in retail. Usually every store is hiring more workers to help out with the holiday crowds.
I agree with this. If you stand out, you might get kept on past Christmas too.

Endeavour
December 22nd, 2016, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the winter break and the summer break are usually times when places are after a temporary worker (especially retail). These are times when a lot of places would appreciate a little extra help. It would also be a good idea to consider finding a job in an area you would be interested in persuing further in the future. That would look really good on your CV/resume.

zack.zack
December 22nd, 2016, 06:07 PM
Here in the US its usually around the holidays and before summer break

feli 99
December 28th, 2016, 02:49 PM
In Germany its match

user-999
December 28th, 2016, 04:17 PM
In summer most restaurants, cafes and shops look for workers, because of the extra costumers they get when most people have vacations. So the best time to look for a job is before this period.

Trevor.
December 29th, 2016, 02:32 AM
What is the best time of year to look for part time/casual employment?

I think during the summers b/c school is out for most people and therefore they need more people for the students that are being release...

NewLeafsFan
January 8th, 2017, 05:05 AM
August and September when College kids go back to college and give up their job.