PDA

View Full Version : Coming to terms....

Just a Guy
December 12th, 2016, 01:46 PM
I'm just going to say it, I think I'm gay. All my life I thought I was straight but for the last like five years I've been finding myself looking at guys and thinking they are attractive and I've lately been more and more curious about kissing them, dating them and maybe even having sex with them.... I've never actually been in a relationship or done anything with a guy only girls (and I think I still do like girls as well but maybe not as much as guys??) idk I'm really conflicted and confused and I need to come to terms with the fact that I'm probably gay or bi but I need help..... Can anyone help me figure out my sexuality and come to terms with it? Thankkkssss

audiophile5
December 12th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Well if you're attracted to both men and women you're probably bi, even if you feel more attracted to one gender than the other. Perhaps labeling might help you come to terms with it, but maybe it won't, I don't know. Eventually, you'll probably start accepting it more and more and you'll find it a rather normal thing. Personally I've been in the process of comprehending for years, sometimes questioning my sexuality. I've had days when I was sure I'm gay, others when I thought I'm straight. I guess you kinda get used to it, because it's part of who you are and rational thinking doesn't take you very far in this matter.

ska8er
December 12th, 2016, 10:46 PM
I'm just going to say it, I think I'm gay. All my life I thought I was straight but for the last like five years I've been finding myself looking at guys and thinking they are attractive and I've lately been more and more curious about kissing them, dating them and maybe even having sex with them.... I've never actually been in a relationship or done anything with a guy only girls (and I think I still do like girls as well but maybe not as much as guys??) idk I'm really conflicted and confused and I need to come to terms with the fact that I'm probably gay or bi but I need help..... Can anyone help me figure out my sexuality and come to terms with it? Thankkkssss

U r probably Bi-I'm confused myself-I like girls they
turn me on but I'm attracted to guys-I cant say more
cause I think it is hormones playing tricks with my mind.
U have the same thoughts that I have but I c that u have
been going on for a longer time with it-Idk if there is an
answer but whatever u decide to b there is nothing wrong
with it-just b u-don't let it play tricks with ur mind. :confused:

:santa::santa::santa::santa:

Just JT
December 13th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I'm sure you know how many times this question has been asked here. And tbh I wish there was a guide book with pictures we could turn a page to and point to a picture and answer this question. But we can't cause there isn't.

Not sure who said it a while ago, but they said that sexuality is a spectrum. Makes sense. I've always said it's like ice cream. A new flavor. You never know if your going to like it till you try it.

People get all worked up over labels and names. I yhinkmpeople are just sexual beings and we all like sex. So follow your instincts and do what makes you happy. You are the only person in this world who knows the answer to this question. And there's no rule saying when you need to know or announce to the world your sexuality. If fact I never really did other than here. I just followed what I like and it is what it is.

People assume everyone is straight till they come out. And it shouldn't be that way. We're really young and we're all learning all kinds of shit. Hormones don't help that mess. Alls you can do is just be open to new things and follow your instincts and in the end you'll know and understand. And that'll me so freakin normal and natural like it's nobody's business.

Just be happy you share a lockeroom with a gender your attracted to. Some can't say that lol!! And enjoy that.

Hope that was a help bro

Vegas2933
December 13th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Labelling is bullshit. You are attracted to what you are attracted to, nothing can change that. Don't be ashamed of it either, if you do end up considering yourself as gay or bi, it's something to be proud of; something that defines you, and makes you, you.

jamie_n5
December 15th, 2016, 05:40 PM
You don't say how old you are and that could play a part in this too. The way you laid things out you may very well be Bi. I knew I was gay for sure when I was 12. I think you will just have to give things time and a lot of thought into it. I am sure things will fall in place in the future for you.

KingdomHearts
December 19th, 2016, 12:51 PM
labelling is bullshit. You are attracted to what you are attracted to, nothing can change that. Don't be ashamed of it either, if you do end up considering yourself as gay or bi, it's something to be proud of; something that defines you, and makes you, you.

this

NewLeafsFan
December 19th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Only you can figure out what your sexual orientation. From what you've described, I would guess that ur bi.

I don't know that I can help you "come to terms" with it. Just know that your not alone. Lots of people in your situation. I think that once you realize that your happiness is more important than what others think if you, you will be much more accepting of yourself.

Good luck.

DoodleSnap
December 20th, 2016, 06:56 PM
I think that it's fair to say that sexuality is a fluid thing for most people. It certainly has been for me. I have gone through periods of preferring feminine traits, and then masculine traits, and I have worried and thought about what the right label for me is, but in the end, the best advice I have is this: Don't try to force yourself into a label, or define yourself by it. Maybe you prefer guys, but still like girls - that's okay. Just be comfortable with who you are, and approach the world with an open mind. With some safe experimentation (if that is what you want), experience, and time, you'll work out how best to describe yourself.

I prefer guys, but still like girls, and identify as bisexual, but you don't have to. You should just do what makes you comfortable.

Good luck.

KBar33
December 26th, 2016, 02:30 AM

You don't need to have done anything with a guy to be gay or bi, it's all about what you truly feel on the inside. With that being said, if you like guys and girls both sexually and emotionally, then I would definitely say that you are bi (welcome to the club:metal:) haha, also you can't be gay if you also like girls. If you are just thinking about guys, then I'd say that you are straight curious (assuming you still like girls). But always remember that your sexuality is likely going to fluctuate during puberty or young adulthood rather. So just don't be too hasty to slap a label on yourself and spread it to the world unless you are totally certain that you know who you are. Also, whenever you are ready to share, be prepared for A METRIC FUCK TON OF QUESTIONS. lol it's not too bad most of the time, but good lord people are very inquisitive about people's sex lives haha.

army martin
January 10th, 2017, 03:26 PM
If you're gay or bi that's cool. but the only way you're going to "come to terms" with it is for you to be OK with it. Nobody can do that for you.