PDA

View Full Version : Good day that turned bad

ProudThread598
December 9th, 2016, 02:15 AM
I'm posting this at 12:10 AM right now. The reason is in science, we're learning about genetics. We're doing this project on the parts of DNA, and we had to cut up a paper towel roll. First of all, it upsets me because I had to waste a full roll of paper towels. Second, wtf is the point of even doing this??? That's for another post, but the education system is screwed up.
Anyway, I have been working on this project for literal HOURS. Not on and off, but the time that I've worked on this has been a total of a few hours. I'm already upset because I had my school's musical auditions (which btw were really fun) and a Boy scout meeting (I'm troop leader, so I gotta go).
I just finished it. Then, I just flip out because I'm tired, I have a cold, and the "DNA model" doesn't curl. It looks like a ladder, not a spiral. Idk why, but I just begin crying because I worked so hard on this, and it doesn't do well. To make matters worse, I have a math quiz tomorrow. I just need winter break.

PinkFloyd
December 9th, 2016, 02:27 AM
It's incredibly stupid that you have to waste an entire roll of paper towels... It's not like you're losing a ton of money, but paper towels aren't exactly cheap.

bentheplayer
December 9th, 2016, 04:42 AM
Tell the tutor science is not arts and craft ... and tree lives matter too. :P

Just JT
December 9th, 2016, 06:42 AM
If it's just the cardboard role,in the middle you don't need to waste the whole roll. You can save it and use it later

And if you need to use the whole roll then that's the assignment, and not wasted

If the assignment doesn't come out as planned, or expected, I'd explain to the teacher that some DNA isn't perfect either. That's why we have different types of disabilities, disease and illnesses.

A lot like a cold, anxiety and depression. School shouldn't be that stressful man, go have some fun with your other shit and fuck that assignment

And it's only 1 math quiz, Winter breaks almost here, so chilaxe bro and enjoy