PDA

View Full Version : Want to get Drivers License

Cjmccjface
December 8th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone, I want to get my Drivers License so bad now. But the written test is just way to hard to study for. Too much info to take in at once!!!

Any Advice?

Murk.T.M
December 9th, 2016, 01:25 AM
Get some practice by driving with a parent or someone over 21, the driver manual for you're state is a good read not too long, but it has the necessary info. Ride with a parent or friend and talk about the laws and speed zones. I don't have mine yet, but I want to get out next year when I'm 16. I've already gotten a bit of practice in. Just chill out, if you fail the test, (which would be hard as far as I've heard) you can take it again in probably a week. :)

Flapjack
December 9th, 2016, 02:14 AM
My advice is to start revising early and do past papers!!:)

Just JT
December 9th, 2016, 06:49 AM
Think the written test is like multiple choice type of questions right?
The drivers Manuel probably has sample test questions in it doesn't it?
Try just studying one page at a time, highlight important stuff for when you review it
Are you taking drivers ed?

Dalcourt
December 10th, 2016, 12:10 AM
Just do it like you study for any other test. Break it up in small units...revise. There are sample tests offered you can study with...this test really isn't very hard at all...
Maybe find a friend to study with? I helped about five or six friends of mine who are older than me with their studying for those tests.

Agent X
December 13th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Read your state's Driver's Guide, and take practice tests online. In Washington, we had to take a 20 question multiple choice test, and it wasn't too bad. Most questions are really self-explanatory, but it does depend on your state (especially for speed limits). For example, Washington has questions about snow and mountain driving, but you wouldn't see that on a Florida test. So yeah, just study and practice. The more you drive, the more natural the laws will feel to you. Good luck!!

CosmicNoodle
December 20th, 2016, 12:11 AM
If it's too hard for you to pass because it's "just way to hard to study for", then the test is doing it's job. The only way you're gonna pass is by putting in effort, treat it like you'd treat any other exam, look at it this way, the alternative is walking, or getting a bus.

Also, as a side note, don't aim to learn enough to scrape a pass, aim to be the best driver you can, when you're behind the wheel of a massive steel behemoth then other peoples lives are in your hands.

Trevor.
December 28th, 2016, 02:48 AM
Hi everyone, I want to get my Drivers License so bad now. But the written test is just way to hard to study for. Too much info to take in at once!!!

Any Advice?

I'm currently to young to get my drivers license but if I was you I would study with someone who did well on the test and drive with my parents. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT :)

mrmee
December 30th, 2016, 12:49 AM
Use common sense and pray you dont get exact distance questions like "how far do you have to put on the turn signal before the turn?" because those are almost impossible if you didnt cram the answer book beforehand.

Also as a side note, dont be disappointed if you fail the in-car exam the first time, because they fail almost everyone the first time