PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

kanye
December 6th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I feel like crap today. I was with a group of friends and one of them said that they hate black people. The problem is that I'm black. It was very surprising to me that this friend would say that in front of me. To be honest it made me sad. What should I do end the friendships with these people or talk about it?

Just JT
December 6th, 2016, 03:31 PM
One of them said that in front of you? How'd the others respond? Was this just a bad joke or something?
You call this guy a friend?
Depending on stuff, if he was a close friend and was joking (as bad a joke as it is, I'd be pissed either way). I'd at least call him out on what he said, or just walk away and let him hate all by himself. Think just walking away sends a stronger message tbh

I'm sorry man that really sucks, and I feel really bad for you and sorry for him. Not everyone's like that in the world. May feel like it sometimes but it's not like that all over

I hope you/HE works it out with you and can remain friends. If that's what you want/are/we're

Vegas2933
December 6th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Well then he's not really your friend. But it's your decision whether to cut him off or not.

kanye
December 6th, 2016, 03:59 PM
One of them said that in front of you? How'd the others respond? Was this just a bad joke or something?
You call this guy a friend?
Depending on stuff, if he was a close friend and was joking (as bad a joke as it is, I'd be pissed either way). I'd at least call him out on what he said, or just walk away and let him hate all by himself. Think just walking away sends a stronger message tbh

I'm sorry man that really sucks, and I feel really bad for you and sorry for him. Not everyone's like that in the world. May feel like it sometimes but it's not like that all over

I hope you/HE works it out with you and can remain friends. If that's what you want/are/we're

I never wanna see this person ever again nor the group either. I'm thinking of deleting all of them on social media. I do not tolerate racism. Racism is a deal breaker. I will never ever in my life be friends with a racist. It was so surprising to me we would talk everyday and there were no signs of this racism.

Flapjack
December 6th, 2016, 04:48 PM
I never wanna see this person ever again nor the group either. I'm thinking of deleting all of them on social media. I do not tolerate racism. Racism is a deal breaker. I will never ever in my life be friends with a racist. It was so surprising to me we would talk everyday and there were no signs of this racism.
You are better off without friends like that :)

Ben7
December 6th, 2016, 07:49 PM
In your place I would simply stop talking to that person, there is no point trying to talk about it. If anything the guy who said that should apologize and if he doesn't or hasn't that's all you need to know. Wish you luck finding new friends!

Uniquemind
December 7th, 2016, 05:55 AM
I feel like crap today. I was with a group of friends and one of them said that they hate black people. The problem is that I'm black. It was very surprising to me that this friend would say that in front of me. To be honest it made me sad. What should I do end the friendships with these people or talk about it?

You could friendly challenge him back instead of shy away.

I'd playfully go and say: "well hey I'm black, and don't we get along just fine? Rephrase the statement, I think your saying there's something about black culture or stereotypical behavior you don't like, which is a much fairer position to argue".

Just JT
December 7th, 2016, 10:13 AM

Good, I say that because you know what you want, we'll probably not what you want as you probably want things to go back the way they were before that was said. But it can't happen. Stand up and be proud of who you are. I'm sorry you experienced that with friends. That's a very conflicted feeling I'm sure. After all this time for them to say that? That sucks.

You do what is best for you now and the future will work it's way out. Don't sell yourself short or out.

I'm here to talk if you wana, and good luck bro, keep talking, we'd like to know how you make out with this

kanye
December 7th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Good, I say that because you know what you want, we'll probably not what you want as you probably want things to go back the way they were before that was said. But it can't happen. Stand up and be proud of who you are. I'm sorry you experienced that with friends. That's a very conflicted feeling I'm sure. After all this time for them to say that? That sucks.

You do what is best for you now and the future will work it's way out. Don't sell yourself short or out.

I'm here to talk if you wana, and good luck bro, keep talking, we'd like to know how you make out with this

Thank you for the support

Just JT
December 8th, 2016, 05:33 AM
No prob glad I helped

The Byrd
December 10th, 2016, 11:55 AM
It's possible that he was joking so I'd check whether he/she was first before doing anything, but if he's being serious, of course don't be his/her friend because he/she hates you!