PDA

View Full Version : Are there girls who practise wrestling?

Jamy
December 4th, 2016, 12:32 PM
I want to know if there are other girls who practice wrestling and if they than had to wrestle so now and then against boys?!

I'm asking this cos I have a friend; she's younger than me and she's wrestling and she told me she had to wrestle several times against boys. She even told me she beat several boys!!! I wasn't so interested in wrestling before but she made me quite curious about it. So I watched on YouTube wrestling and you find mostly fake wrestling between women and men and also the so called American wrestling. I want to know about real wrestling between girls and boys.

So girls who wrestle tell me what are your experiences against boys and did you lose or win?

:)

Amethyst Rose
December 4th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I have two female friends who wrestle, against boys and other girls. They both enjoy it and are quite good. If it's something you're interested in, go for it.

Jamy
December 4th, 2016, 03:53 PM
I have two female friends who wrestle, against boys and other girls. They both enjoy it and are quite good. If it's something you're interested in, go for it.

Thanks for your answer and so you also saw them wrestling? Could they also win against especially the boys cos it must be not very easy then?!! How do they look like?

Amethyst Rose
December 4th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Thanks for your answer and so you also saw them wrestling? Could they also win against especially the boys cos it must be not very easy then?!! How do they look like?

No problem :) They have small frames but are very strong and agile. One of them is really athletic... she runs a lot of 5-k races and I think she has played football in the past. Don't stress over which gender you wrestle or their appearance, you're perfectly capable and as long as you put effort into it you'll be fine.

Jamy
December 4th, 2016, 04:59 PM
No problem :) They have small frames but are very strong and agile. One of them is really athletic... she runs a lot of 5-k races and I think she has played football in the past. Don't stress over which gender you wrestle or their appearance, you're perfectly capable and as long as you put effort into it you'll be fine.

Thanks for encouraging me and I'll think about it. So you saw her beating even boys and hold them down? What hold did she use? I read a little bit about it and saw some stuff (high school wrestling) on for example Youtube and so I know a little bit about it but not too much.

I read also that some girls can exhaust boys during wrestling and that first it looks if the boys are going to win and that then suddenly the girl takes it over and beats him; LOL it must be very exciting to experience that!!! I guess that some boys who wrestle that athletic girl and lost didn't think that would happen.

Inappropriate content removed. ~Amethyst_

Harrier
December 9th, 2016, 05:26 PM
In US there are girls who compete in High school. They compete against boys or girls in regular competition and only girls at state.

ethan-s
December 10th, 2016, 03:43 PM
I used to wrestle. The coaches daughter was on the team and was unsurprisingly good at wrestling. But that was at least eight years ago, I doubt the would let high school boys and girls wrestle each other....

Harrier
December 20th, 2016, 10:30 PM
I think only serious girl wrestlers can beat average boy wrestlers. I know some girls who are like .500 against boys (that means they beat boys just as much as they lose to them). I've seen girls beat boys. Pretty intense! Girl vs girl is intense at state level too. Especially the state championship battles!

Jamy
December 21st, 2016, 01:06 PM
I think only serious girl wrestlers can beat average boy wrestlers. I know some girls who are like .500 against boys (that means they beat boys just as much as they lose to them). I've seen girls beat boys. Pretty intense! Girl vs girl is intense at state level too. Especially the state championship battles!

This is a copy of what I wrote before here:

I read also that some girls can exhaust boys during wrestling and that first it looks if the boys are going to win and that then suddenly the girl takes it over and beats him; LOL it must be very exciting to experience that!!!

I hope you can give an answer if you saw a girl winning like I describe it above? I don't only like boys but girls also a little bit so can you maybe describe one or two girls you know who beat boys?! :D

How do girls in the audience react when they see a girl is capable to beat a boy? I only saw such serious matches on YouTube and I don't mean the show wrestling you see there too. And it's sometimes funny when you see girls with a pony tail looking very girly and that they win!!

Harrier
December 21st, 2016, 04:38 PM
I don't get to watch much wrestling since I play basketball for school. Sometimes I miss them bc they compete when we do at another place or if it is on different nighs like usual I am just too tired to stay and watch matches. But ya usually when girls when it's bc they went the full 3 rounds and not bc the girl pins the guy. Altho I have seen girls pin dudes too lol.

Typically the girls look like average girls, just much stronger lol. But usually they don't look fat or like obv butch lesbians. They have same builds of the dudes ... lean but muscular. Usually chiseled upper legs and asses lol. I think most of the girls come from wrestling families like their dads and brothers wrestled, but not all by any means. Idk if I've ever seen a true girly girl wrestle. I mean like a Barbie doll girl. But definitely girl next door, pony tail, makeup wearing girls.

The crowd always cheers for the girls. Like always. I feel sorry for the boys lol. Even the boys cheer for the girls. But they are mostly laughing at the boy. Girls in stands go crazy for girls who wrestle.

dbfordateam
January 10th, 2017, 11:50 PM
I wrestle, I'm in the 160 weight class so I've never wrestled a girl before. SO of my friends have had to, though. In America, we practice folkstyle wrestling. In the Olympics and in abroad they practice Greco-Roman and Freestyle. In the Olympics however, there is a woman's wrestling team. But yea go for it. I highly recommend the sport.