PDA

View Full Version : Out of control weight gain?

Anniebanannie
December 2nd, 2016, 09:08 PM
I was just looking at some pictures of girls who had gained a lot of weight and to see the difference in how they looked made me wonder if they had somehow lost control of themselves.

I was wondering if anyone here was gaining weight without being able to stop it.

BlackParadePixie
December 2nd, 2016, 11:34 PM
Nobody just gains weight for no reason. If someone is eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly and still putting on significant weight, then there is some sort of underlying hormonal or health issue there and should be addressed by a doctor.

Amethyst Rose
December 2nd, 2016, 11:44 PM
I know some people who have this, and it is the result of a problem with the thyroid. I don't deal with it myself, but I know that it can cause weight to fluctuate and make it hard to lose/gain weight.

Anniebanannie
December 3rd, 2016, 12:00 AM
I know some people who have this, and it is the result of a problem with the thyroid. I don't deal with it myself, but I know that it can cause weight to fluctuate and make it hard to lose/gain weight.

I was thinking of more like when the freshman 15 turns into freshman 25. Or when eating junk food gets out of hand. Not so much as a medical condition.

Amethyst Rose
December 3rd, 2016, 12:07 AM
I was thinking of more like when the freshman 15 turns into freshman 25. Or when eating junk food gets out of hand. Not so much as a medical condition.

Ah ok. Well if you have an unhealthy diet and are not exercising enough, you're going to accumulate more weight, especially if you don't have a high metabolism. A medical issue could still have a hand in it though, or could develop from not maintaining healthy practices.

Living For Love
December 3rd, 2016, 06:37 AM
Puberty For Girls :arrow2: Sports and Fitness

bentheplayer
December 3rd, 2016, 09:12 AM
Well there is this thing called basal metabolic rate which is a measure of the amount of calories a person burn when doing no activity. Since we tend to lead fairly sedentary lifestyles these days the amount of energy expenditure isn't usually significantly more than our BMR. Another unfortunate fact is that our BMR decreases with age too. In America, the average food intake way exceeds the amount of calories used leading to storage of unused calories in the form of fat. Fast forward a few years and what u see is the result of years of accumulation. That's why it is so hard to lose weight too.

Hyper
December 8th, 2016, 03:28 AM
Some illness affect your metabolism, mostly thyroid conditions, but in general people who are really obese are so due to a combination of terrible eating habbits and often using food as a comfort tool, which is a psychological problem.

lemondrop
December 8th, 2016, 07:58 AM
you can exercise ,you can eat health and etc. it doesn't mean you'll be lean... This is where calories come - some people need more some need less,for example I need shit ton of food to gain weight, on the other hand my friends who workout with me - if they ate exactly the same food as I did - they would be fat as fuck. It just depends ,everyone responds differently. Older you are less food you need... this is why people over 35 gain mass so fast - metabolic rate bentheplayer he's right ^.^

Trevor.
December 28th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Nobody just gains weight for no reason. If someone is eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly and still putting on significant weight, then there is some sort of underlying hormonal or health issue there and should be addressed by a doctor.

I agree with you, people only gain a lot of weight by stress-eating or unhealthy eating. These are thing you have the power to control. I heard that there I a disease that make you body fatter b/c it gives ur body a hard time to burn fat.