PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the stains on teeth?

karenessi
December 2nd, 2016, 01:46 AM
Any idea about zoom teeth whitening (http://www.skyviewdental.ca/cosmetic-dentistry/teeth-whitening/)? One of my friends said she is considering this procedure from a clinic in Aurora to remove the stains on her teeth. Will it cause any damage to the enamel? What are the other options to remove stains on teeth?

Flapjack
December 6th, 2016, 11:56 AM
I have never heard of the zoom one buddy and am not a dentist so can't comment on enamel stuff!!:) I think an electric toothbrush and whitening toothpaste is amazing tbh!! I have read that that UV stuff is overrated and can be harmful and I had a friend that had her teeth whitened using fluoride I think? Her teeth were already white so I couldn't see the difference but maybe look into that?:)

bentheplayer
December 6th, 2016, 12:16 PM
I have never heard of the zoom one buddy and am not a dentist so can't comment on enamel stuff!!:) I think an electric toothbrush and whitening toothpaste is amazing tbh!! I have read that that UV stuff is overrated and can be harmful and I had a friend that had her teeth whitened using fluoride I think? Her teeth were already white so I couldn't see the difference but maybe look into that?:)

I don't think the fluoride is used as a whitening agent. Instead it was probably used to "protect" the enamel to reduce the possibility of sensitivity after bleaching. Just don't ever do teeth veneer. They are a money pit and possibly the worst way to get white teeth.

Zoom is nothing more than a brand. It is made by philips I think. Obviously all procedures has a certain degree of risk but these days if done at a dentist, the risk of enamel damage should be extremely low assuming there are no pre-existing teeth condition.

Voice_Of_Unreason
December 6th, 2016, 01:46 PM
One homemade and entirely safe way to brighten your teeth is brushing with a baking-soda/lemon juice paste. I use it, and it works without forcing me to pay for some specialty tooth paste or brush. Another household chemical that also helps is hydrogen peroxide, which is actually the main ingredient in this Zoom gel.

I wouldn't trust UV procedures on something cosmetic, but I don't think that this gel you talk of would be harmful if done correctly.

StoppingTom
December 6th, 2016, 03:48 PM
I'd just like to note really quickly that white (like, actually) teeth aren't all that common. Your teeth are always going to be a bit off-color due to eating and whatnot.

That said, PlasmaHam brought up two good home "remedies" that aren't hard to acquire and are pretty cheap. Just be careful with Hydrogen Peroxide, I had to gargle that stuff to prevent infection after getting my tonsils out, and swallowing even a little bit made me feel super nauseous.

Brieftime
December 10th, 2016, 10:31 AM
One homemade and entirely safe way to brighten your teeth is brushing with a baking-soda/lemon juice paste. I use it, and it works without forcing me to pay for some specialty tooth paste or brush. Another household chemical that also helps is hydrogen peroxide, which is actually the main ingredient in this Zoom gel.

I wouldn't trust UV procedures on something cosmetic, but I don't think that this gel you talk of would be harmful if done correctly.

How much baking soda and lemon juice do you use?

everlong
December 12th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Get stains on the rest of your teeth. Then it won't look like you have stains.

camille78
March 21st, 2017, 06:18 AM
I haven't used zoom teeth whitening but I have heard that they use zoom light and hydrogen peroxide whitening gel. Also, I heard that the procedure is slight painful but it's safer than using baking soda.

Atlantis
March 21st, 2017, 12:29 PM
I haven't used zoom teeth whitening but I have heard that they use zoom light and hydrogen peroxide whitening gel. Also, I heard that the procedure is slight painful but it's safer than using baking soda.

Please don't bump old threads. :locked: