PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Bag

TeenBoy2002
November 25th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Hi,

My actual question: if you are sleeping under a sleeping bag, how warm is it? Would I be warm enough if I slept in boxers this time a year under a sleeping bag?

Thank you

zack.zack
November 25th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Depends on the quality of your sleeping bag. I have one thats rated for like sub-zero, so I can sleep naked or just in boxers this time of year into the winter. Check and see what the rating is on your bag, but I dont think you should have any problems though.

TeenBoy2002
November 25th, 2016, 03:01 PM
It's quite a good one, when I slept in it during the summer, I was quite warm.

rynoblue
November 25th, 2016, 03:57 PM
my sleepin bag is really warm i just sleep in my breifs and i get too hot sometimes

Endeavour
November 25th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Puberty for Boys :arrow2: Mother Nature

Hideous
November 25th, 2016, 04:58 PM
There should be a tag that says the degrees of how warm it can get on the inside. One tip is that the less air that is inside the bag, the warmer you can get. Dress for space, adjust your clothes to how big the sleeping bag is. If anything, wear socks.

Jameson9
November 26th, 2016, 12:05 AM
There should be a tag that says the degrees of how warm it can get on the inside. One tip is that the less air that is inside the bag, the warmer you can get. Dress for space, adjust your clothes to how big the sleeping bag is. If anything, wear socks.

Well said

pjones
November 26th, 2016, 06:56 PM
only slept in one a couple of times and it was very warm. actually wound up sleeping on top of it.

scott2002
March 2nd, 2017, 01:51 AM
I'm in Boy Scouts and have been since I was 11. It was recommended to us if we were just going to buy one sleeping bag, to buy a winter-rated bag, and that's what my parents got me. I've slept in it fine on hot summer nights at camp, just in my boxers and with the zipper open, and I've also slept in it fine in a tent in 35 degree weather (with long johns, a sweatshirt, and a knit cap on inside it). I proudly earned my "Polar Bear" patch when I was 12 by sleeping in a tent in freezing weather.

Amethyst Rose
March 2nd, 2017, 07:33 AM
I'm in Boy Scouts and have been since I was 11. It was recommended to us if we were just going to buy one sleeping bag, to buy a winter-rated bag, and that's what my parents got me. I've slept in it fine on hot summer nights at camp, just in my boxers and with the zipper open, and I've also slept in it fine in a tent in 35 degree weather (with long johns, a sweatshirt, and a knit cap on inside it). I proudly earned my "Polar Bear" patch when I was 12 by sleeping in a tent in freezing weather.

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or more. :locked: