PDA

View Full Version : teeth whitening products.

Jennipayne
November 25th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Can I get the teeth whitened in a day? I am really interested if so. Also, are there any teeth whitening products available in the market? Really, I am lazy to visit a dental care.

jamie_n5
November 26th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Teeth whitening won't happen overnight. There are many tooth whitening products and toothpastes on the market. You can get them almost anywhere you can buy toothpaste. If your teeth are really bad you can actually get tooth caps put on by a dentist that would make your teeth super white.

Jennipayne
November 29th, 2016, 12:11 AM
Is there anyone here done zoom one-hour whitening http://www.appletondental.ca/services/cosmetic-dentistry/teeth-whitening/. Normally, the whitening needs 4 visits, can I get this zoom one- hour whitening in a day? Does it cause sensitivity?

bentheplayer
December 1st, 2016, 10:45 AM
They claim up to 8 shades lighter so it will depend on what shade your teeth are currently. Usually they will do something to help prevent sensitivity but there will always be a small risk of becoming more sensitive after such bleaching.

It is best that you consult the dentist. Mine recommended laser whitening for me but said I had to wait to be older before getting the procedure done.

Svetlana2000
December 2nd, 2016, 01:01 AM
i wouldnt use those do-it-yourself-whitening products, you never know if you do it right and maybe it harms your teeth. i get a whitening treatment at the dental care center about every 3-4 months and really like the look.

Himmm2020
February 2nd, 2017, 04:34 PM
You have to be careful with whitening, it likely won't happen in a day but it's important to not over do it. It's best to ask your dentist because your enamel might get permanently damaged or become super sensitive if you do it.

Hermes
February 4th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Teeth whitening won't happen overnight. There are many tooth whitening products and toothpastes on the market. You can get them almost anywhere you can buy toothpaste. If your teeth are really bad you can actually get tooth caps put on by a dentist that would make your teeth super white.

Be wary of this one - they are described here as veneers and it basically means drilling away some of the tooth to leave room for the white veneer. While these may look good, at least to start with, teeth are strong until the enamel is breached and from that time on are much more vulnerable to decay so if you get this done you may be shortening the life of your teeth and hastening the time you will need false ones or implants.

Back to the original question there are plenty of toothpastes that claim to whiten your teeth but you can bet whatever is available to buy freely is milder than what the dentist will have access to. It is also worth making sure you are not making the situation worse by, for example, staining them by smoking.

jamie_n5
February 7th, 2017, 08:17 PM
I agree Hermes that the caps and messing with your tooth enamel is bad. I just was giving the OP the info wanted.

everlong
February 7th, 2017, 09:59 PM
I can't imagine anything that'll perfectly whiten your teeth in a day is remotely healthy

Romulus_
February 19th, 2017, 09:35 AM
There is nothing that will whiten your teeth overnight (aside from going to the dentist). However, if you mix water and baking soda into a paste and gently brush your teeth with it and let it set for a minute, this will whiten your teeth within a week or two. However, it is imperative to do it slowly and gently in an up and down motion, or else you could damage your enamel. Also you should stop doing this after the second week to avoid damaging your teeth too. This is risky but if done carefully and slowly, you should see whitening results. If you would like to know the specifics of doing this, you could find it on WikiHow and it will tell you more in depth.

nwtnguy
February 19th, 2017, 01:21 PM
I have trays and use the zoom whitening gel

Pyromaniac27
February 21st, 2017, 07:51 AM
there are but, like most whitening products, they can be harmful to your teeth.