PDA

View Full Version : Platonical way

Onlyfaith
November 24th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Hello everyone! Well, I'm 17 yo and I have no friends. But there is that guy. I text him on facebook but whenever he sees me in school he smiles to me and says me "Hey". Today was the first day we talked a bit more face to face (around 10 min). I know, it's not a big deal. But he is a kind guy. Anyway, how can I ask him to go for a coffee in a platonical way? I just want to know him a little more (I don't how to start convos but I'll find a way if he says yeah) Thank you in advance

Phosphene
November 24th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Tell him you'd like to get to know him better, and that since you don't see each other much you'd like to hang out. If he shows signs of seeing it as romantic, just make it clear you think he's really nice and would like to be friends.

erik2000
November 24th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Just ask him if he wants to go out for a coffee. In worst case he says no. But I think he will be happy.
I'd be glad if girls asked me to go out.

AutumnWinds
November 26th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Just ask him if he wants to go out for a coffee. In worst case he says no. But I think he will be happy.

this is good advice. if he thinks it's more politely tell him you don't feel that way, but otherwise/until then, just do this.

Onlyfaith
November 26th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Tell him you'd like to get to know him better, and that since you don't see each other much you'd like to hang out. If he shows signs of seeing it as romantic, just make it clear you think he's really nice and would like to be friends.

this is good advice. if he thinks it's more politely tell him you don't feel that way, but otherwise/until then, just do this.
Thank you all for your answers! As we only say a hello face to face, have you got any idea of how can I tel him to hang out?

Anniebanannie
November 26th, 2016, 04:53 PM
You may have to be a little brave. :) But coffee is a good platonic thing. So that's a good thing to ask him to. Maybe you could say you'd like to talk to him a little more -- does he want to go for coffee?

:)

erik2000
November 26th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Thank you all for your answers! As we only say a hello face to face, have you got any idea of how can I tel him to hang out?

If you only say a hello maybe first you could talk with him a bit about anything and not start with asking to hang out. Then you can see how it goes.

pjones
November 26th, 2016, 07:11 PM

"Hi, I'm going for a coffee, would you like to join me?" you can bring up something you share at school to discuss together so he has some idea of what you might talk about.

Onlyfaith
April 17th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I thought to do a small update:
I finally asked him out and he replied: Yes, I have no problem but do it later (after almost 2 months). I have said with my friends not to go out because of studying so yeah.

So basically that was half yes half no