PDA

View Full Version : Boarding School

bentheplayer
November 24th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Has anyone here been to boarding school or is currently at one? What's it like there being away from home during the term and not having your own room?

erik2000
November 24th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I've never been in any. I would hate to share my room with others, I love my own room in our house so I wouldn't like it.

dude_g
December 11th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Never have been but I would love it

Trevor.
December 29th, 2016, 03:07 AM
I never been in one... Why do you ask? Are you being sent to one?

Just JT
December 29th, 2016, 03:32 AM
I haven't been away at a boarding school, but I have been placed in programs where you live and go to school and get treatment there for when you are there.

Other than being like locked up it's ok in general. Younshare a room with a few other guys and hopefully you get along. One place they'd assign an older kid to be a younger (new kids) mentor to help get him through the first few day. That could be cool especially if you don't know anyone.

Privacy can be a thing depending on how you you feel about it. One place was all gang showers. So none at all. Others you'd be allowed to use a bathroom one at a time in private

You get to know some other guys yiur age or so and can make some good friends. But also at least where I was youncouldnt fire anyone there as a friend. In a real boarding school thatbpart might be different. I've always wanted to attend a boarding school but haven't. I think I'd like the environment of living with a bunch of guys my age and have some of the same interests Andy make some good friends

I'm sure being away from home is an issue though. I couldn't go home till I earned that privelidge. And then even if I didn't I could lose it in a blink of an eye. A regular boarding school I don't think that would happen like that. If you were kinda missing home you could probably call and set up a home visit pretty easily. So maybe not that bad.

But everyone beget homesick at different levels I'm sure right?

nebula
December 29th, 2016, 03:39 AM
My dad has a job at a boarding school near me, and I've looked through it a few times out of term hours if he's needed to run errands.

At the beginning of a year, there would be many people your age in the same boat as you, and as above poster said, people get homesick at different rates - some people would love the freedom from their parents but some would be upset instantly.

With the living situations, I think the boarding would become more private as you got older (definitely applied to this place anyways). The younger years would have 1 big room for about 8 kids, but as you got older you would be "promoted" I guess to the twin rooms and share with 1 person.

I guess in these younger years you would make friends a lot easier since the rooms would be larger and you would have to share more.

Lodan
December 30th, 2016, 02:06 AM
I have a few friends who are at boarding school, so I have an idea of what it's like, but I always compare it to when I go on summer camps every year

garfield221
January 4th, 2017, 07:07 PM
wish I had been in one