PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving foods!!!

BlackParadePixie
November 23rd, 2016, 10:14 PM
Post up what you're gonna be having at your Thanksgiving meal!
Or discuss what your favorite things are!!!

Since my mom is from Italy we have a mixed traditional Italian and American meal at most of our holiday dinners.

So we will be having...
Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
cornbread
Roasted Pumpkin and Pear Soup
green bean casserole
Turkey and stuffing
Roast Lamb
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Corn
Sweet potatoes
cranberry sauce
Pumpkin pie
cheesecake
Tiramisu

Amethyst Rose
November 23rd, 2016, 10:24 PM
It seems like my family has a different cuisine every year for other holidays, but Thanksgiving stays about the same. So, we'll be having something like:

Turkey and stuffing
Brisket
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Deviled eggs
Green bean casserole
Sweet potatoes
Corn
Cranberry sauce
Dinner rolls
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie

And my aunt makes pumpkin bread that is to die for, but her oven is broken so probably not this time around.

BlackParadePixie
November 23rd, 2016, 10:28 PM
Brisket

:yummy: I had brisket for the first time a couple years ago when I was visiting family in St. Louis, sooooooooooooooo good. I assume it's a big thing in the south, it's hard to find good brisket where I live.

Amethyst Rose
November 23rd, 2016, 10:38 PM
:yummy: I had brisket for the first time a couple years ago when I was visiting family in St. Louis, sooooooooooooooo good. I assume it's a big thing in the south, it's hard to find good brisket where I live.

Maybe so. I'm not in the furthermost south, but it's still common around here. My grandma makes it every Thanksgiving.

Mars
November 24th, 2016, 12:25 AM
My dad makes jokes bout having lasagna for thanksgiving
"Oh you want turkey? I'm makin lasagna instead"
I'm having turkey, collard greens, sweet potato, stuffed mushrooms, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, n pie for dinner tho. I'm probably gonna bake a lot more tho like ricotta cookies n stuff :P gonna be good

Roast lamb sounds soo goood thooooo My dad makes lamb for Easter tho never thanksgiving.

darla
November 24th, 2016, 02:18 AM
turkey, potatores, stuffing, crannberry

Falcons_11
November 25th, 2016, 04:44 PM
I when to my grandparents for Thanksgiving. Most of my family were there which was about 25 people. We had the following:
2 turkeys..smoked and fried
green bean casserole
squash and pineapple casserole (an aunt concoction..)
Sweet potatoes (baked)
Corn on the cob
Stuffing (on the side)
Cranberry (homemade and canned)
cooked rice
assorted pies
several cheeses
wine and soft drinks.

everlong
November 27th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing was on my plate. And later, apple and pumpkin pie.

pjones
December 1st, 2016, 01:52 PM
we had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, turnip, corn, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce and 3 pies for dessert.

Trevor.
December 28th, 2016, 04:40 AM
:yummy:Post up what you're gonna be having at your Thanksgiving meal!
Or discuss what your favorite things are!!!

Since my mom is from Italy we have a mixed traditional Italian and American meal at most of our holiday dinners.

So we will be having...
Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
cornbread
Roasted Pumpkin and Pear Soup
green bean casserole
Turkey and stuffing
Roast Lamb
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Corn
Sweet potatoes
cranberry sauce
Pumpkin pie
cheesecake
Tiramisu

I had everything you had and some cheese broccoli, homemade cookies, chips, and tarts :) :yummy: