PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Friend Problems

Vegas2933
November 22nd, 2016, 04:59 PM
I had a friend who we will call Jeremy (not his real name), for about two and a half years. We had our ups and downs but earlier this year we had an irreversible fall out and have not been friends ever since. Now we get to the reason I am posting this. He has being staring at me for the past 5 months at school whenever he can and has even got his other friends staring at me and keeping tabs on me too. The creepiest part is that on a Thursday, I go to the gym for PE, and, low and behold, he is staring at me again! I am getting sick and tired of this and any advice or similar stories would help. Or maybe it's just my own paranoia? I honestly don't know...

Living For Love
November 22nd, 2016, 06:23 PM
When you say "staring at you", you mean like they're talking about you / making fun about you or more like stalking in order to know where you're heading or what you're doing? I understand how that can be annoying, maybe you could try talk to him when he's alone.

Just JT
November 22nd, 2016, 08:37 PM
Think I know what you mean, and it's a form of intimidation. He's trying to get under your skin and get you to say or do something that will make you seem
Like the aggressor.

If the friendships over it's over and move on from it and don't let him bother you like that, seems to mehes just being immature and insecure. Be the better of the two of you and just let it go, if you fall into it he'll obtain his goal.

On another note, maybe call or text, come off as the better person, ask him if he wants to get together and talk, with this out. The reply seems pretty obvious, take it from there

Vegas2933
November 23rd, 2016, 03:22 AM
When you say "staring at you", you mean like they're talking about you / making fun about you or more like stalking in order to know where you're heading or what you're doing? I understand how that can be annoying, maybe you could try talk to him when he's alone.

They are probably talking about me. They never follow me or anything, it's just if I happen to be in the same area as them they would stare at me until I leave. And as for talking to him, although good advice it's not something I fancy ever doing again, not if you knew what he was like...

Think I know what you mean, and it's a form of intimidation. He's trying to get under your skin and get you to say or do something that will make you seem
Like the aggressor.

If the friendships over it's over and move on from it and don't let him bother you like that, seems to mehes just being immature and insecure. Be the better of the two of you and just let it go, if you fall into it he'll obtain his goal.

On another note, maybe call or text, come off as the better person, ask him if he wants to get together and talk, with this out. The reply seems pretty obvious, take it from there

I have tried to ignore it but it becomes unbearable at times. I don't want to text or talk to him ever again, is there any other way?

ItsJustSomeone
November 24th, 2016, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry to say it, but chances are you might need to talk to him- unless if you take the situation to the school. Perhaps there's a guidance counselor of some sort who can help ease your troubles? I was in a similar situation, and the above helped quite a bit. I say you try something like this first before taking the situation into your hands with a conversation.

jamie_n5
November 26th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Well I don't know really if there is an other way. If you truly think it is harassment you could talk with a school counselor or principal and report it as such. I don't know what else to say to you to do.

zack.zack
November 27th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Short of catching him one on one and asking what the deal is, I dont think there is really anything else you can do. Just do your best not to let him get under your skin, no matter how frustrating it becomes.

Emilyyy
December 26th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Hard to know what to do really. What I would do is go up to him and mention that you have noticed him staring at you quite a few times and ask him if there's anything he wants to say to you. Be quite calm about it and don't act threatening or anything. Then just say that you would appreciate it if he just kept his distance from you from now on. If you think it;s a real problem and it;s making you uncomfortable at school, take it to a teacher or guidance counsellor, they might be able to find an answer to the situation.

mick01
December 27th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Hard to know what to do really. What I would do is go up to him and mention that you have noticed him staring at you quite a few times and ask him if there's anything he wants to say to you. Be quite calm about it and don't act threatening or anything. Then just say that you would appreciate it if he just kept his distance from you from now on. If you think it;s a real problem and it;s making you uncomfortable at school, take it to a teacher or guidance counsellor, they might be able to find an answer to the situation.

I think this is really good advice. I would also add that I would tell your parents about it too. Maybe they could talk to ex-friends parents.

Trevor.
December 29th, 2016, 04:13 AM
I had a friend who we will call Jeremy (not his real name), for about two and a half years. We had our ups and downs but earlier this year we had an irreversible fall out and have not been friends ever since. Now we get to the reason I am posting this. He has being staring at me for the past 5 months at school whenever he can and has even got his other friends staring at me and keeping tabs on me too. The creepiest part is that on a Thursday, I go to the gym for PE, and, low and behold, he is staring at me again! I am getting sick and tired of this and any advice or similar stories would help. Or maybe it's just my own paranoia? I honestly don't know...

Ignore him and keep on living life. don't think about him to much, the more thought you give him the more advantage you give him. Be strong and brave :)