PDA

View Full Version : best friend

popcorn 1
November 21st, 2016, 04:13 PM
whether there may be three or more best friends or it's always two and the third person is already redundant ?

popcorn 1
November 21st, 2016, 05:09 PM
well, for example, i have two friends and i always think that we are the best you know, no secrets between us three and that stuff

But lately I feel distant from them, we hang out and all but somehow i feel like they have some secret that only the two of them know , when we have a project in school in couples they always choose one another. Sometimes I feel like I'm a surplus. They never told me that i bother them or anything, but still they stick together . somehow i can't even tell them if I have a problem because I have the feeling that they're not even interested.
when I'm not in a good mood they do not even ask what the problem, just continue to joke with each other, so I began to pretend that everything is ok

zack.zack
November 21st, 2016, 05:21 PM
well, for example, i have two friends and i always think that we are the best you know, no secrets between us three and that stuff

But lately I feel distant from them, we hang out and all but somehow i feel like they have some secret that only the two of them know , when we have a project in school in couples they always choose one another. Sometimes I feel like I'm a surplus. They never told me that i bother them or anything, but still they stick together . somehow i can't even tell them if I have a problem because I have the feeling that they're not even interested.
when I'm not in a good mood they do not even ask what the problem, just continue to joke with each other, so I began to pretend that everything is ok

When I think of best friends, I think of 2 people who have such a bond and connection between them that is something special, at least thats how it is for me. I have tried to be best friends with more than one person and it just didint work out because the friendship was kinda one sided, Its better with 2 than it is with 3.

Ben7
November 21st, 2016, 10:57 PM
I would say 'best friend' refers to two people. In my mind, a best friend is someone who I can count on, someone who trusts me, someone that I can talk to about anything, someone that shares common interests with me, someone that I help and he/she helps me back when needed, and someone who is like a brother/sister to me. That's not to say there can't be more than 2, but that kind of dynamic or friend-friend relationship seems more difficult to pull off when there are more people. That said, nothing says there can't be, and also consider that you can also have many really good friends as well.

TheFutureDoctor
November 22nd, 2016, 06:09 AM
Two man. I am friends with two other guys but they are always together and i kind of feel like I'm just tagging along or stuff. My best friend has moved to a hostel quite far from here and boy, do I miss him. :(

Just JT
November 22nd, 2016, 09:26 PM
Hey Jon!! Good to see you posting!!
(Bet some wonder how I know your name huh?)

Anyways, I agree with the other posters. To be a part of a bond between 2 people is an incredible thing. And as younger kids we didn't see it that way, but we do now. I've had a similar thing with my 2 best friends I'm sure I told you about Dom and Jimmy. See we're all still really good friends and I love them
Loads but stuff changed. I moved away. So only natural their bond threngthened and mine with theirs weakened. That's like nature.

To be an equal 3rd in a relationship is an almost impossibility bacause every relationship is different. And the stronger feelings you have for the other 2 people, it's only natural jealiousy sets in.

Now, something to think about Jon, you've been through a lot at home. Been grounded a shit ton, not as much time with them, and they know what's up. But also may not know what to say or do to try and help. So may make you feel how you do.

End of story man just accept your best bros for who they are and what they are, but also when your not in a good mood, tell them, talk with them. That's something you don't do so good is it?

I think if you take that risk more with them they'll stop what there doing and listen to you, and things might feel....better, not 100%, but not like juggage either. They'll listen and understand, and you'll find your place bro.

Dames
November 23rd, 2016, 12:58 PM
Hard to put a number or limit on best friends lol

popcorn 1
November 23rd, 2016, 04:29 PM
yeah, you all are right. but its hard, sometimes i feel so alone

To be honest, at first I was a best friend with one of them, practically I have introduced them to one another. and now it turns out that I am the third wheel.

often wonder if it's up to me, maybe I'm the one that pushes people away. but do not know where I'm wrong, how to back things to be like they used to. once we were really inseparable.
they know my situation at home, but , again, they call me a coward and a wuss of if, for example,i wont to go somewhere with them, or do something which i know im not allowed. all of this is through jokes, but sometimes I get the feeling that they really mean it.

niklas
November 24th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Well I think best friends will mean two people. Sometimes I feel like I don't want to say I have a "best" friend because then I feel like I'm choosing between friends or that one friend is somehow better than the other. I like my friends for different reasons so it's hard to just straight out compare them and say okay, well this one is my "best". I think it's "best" to just enjoy your friends for their own unique qualities that make them your friends. Sometimes I hear people talk about best friends and I feel like it's grade 3 where you can't be friends with me if your friends with so and so :)

bonbon
November 25th, 2016, 01:32 AM
Well, life changes, and people may need some 'fresh air' at times. That is, if I was spending all my time with the same friend again and again, we'd someday get bored of this and want to spend time with someone else. Friendship ain't private property, and you have to admit that your friends are not exclusively yours.

Best friend for me isn't someone I'm always with. It is someone I totally trust and know that I could call anytime for help when needed. And it isn't a single person.

So if you feel a third wheel somehow, maybe you'd just want to spend more time with other pals. It may also be a good moment to get closer to others, and enlarge your circle of friends?

SeansLittleBro
November 25th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Best Friend i believe means a bond between 2 persons now Good friends can be bests friends plus 1 or more but the term "best" defines, to me, 2 people

Seraph
November 25th, 2016, 04:28 PM
whether there may be three or more best friends or it's always two and the third person is already redundant ?

That depends on your contrast. Though in the literal sense of 'best friend' there may be only one, according to English Language we use the word 'best' where there is nothing better than it. So, you can have only one best friend and the other is your second best friend.

I have three heads, thus it becomes hard for me to define my friends before other people. Though we call each other 'brother', I generally refer to both of them deeming them 'best friends' or sometimes 'brothers in arms'.

AutumnWinds
November 26th, 2016, 12:58 PM

i think a trio or more can be best friends.

Svetlana2000
December 1st, 2016, 03:41 AM
no if youre treu best friends it doesnt matter if youre two or three.

Just JT
December 1st, 2016, 05:32 AM
Well if your bros are razzing you like that they do like you. So that's not the issue. They want you to go those places and do that stuff with them. Tells me you are pulling away whether you mean to or not. My guess is your pulling away cause you don't wana go and do cause you aren't allowed to and you don't wana get into trouble with dad again. And that would suck. You've made some good progress with him no?
And you don't wana mess with that at all. But I get you wana chill with your bros to

popcorn 1
December 1st, 2016, 09:52 AM
yeah , well, thats probably true, but i'm feel like i losing them somehow, and i'm a little jealous, too, and i hate i'm like that. i want things to be like before, when we were younger,thats all

Just JT
December 1st, 2016, 12:55 PM
I think we all feel that way to some degree. Feel that's pretty normal. Memories of what seems like happier, more secure times. When everyone's in what seems like a happier place and felt good about everything. I've felt that way plenty.
Unfortunately life isn't that way. Things change and somdo friendships. That don't mean they end, change. Change might mean new friends or might mean the friendships you have changes as time moves on.

Maybe you could fall to them let them know how your feeling. If it don't work in a group talk yo them one on one

Trevor.
December 30th, 2016, 03:50 AM

You can always have a group or friends or a squad. Not all friendship is a A and B thing. You can always have more friends but never less... Unless you leave them all. :) If you feel like a third wheel tell them.

Falcons_11
January 3rd, 2017, 11:09 AM
I believe that best friends aren't a number. Best friends are friends that you can trust and respect and they feel the same about you as well. Best friends are the friends who have your back and you have theirs. I have many best friends and I feel better for having all of them as best friends.