PDA

View Full Version : I have Moderate Autism, I want to start making close friends

Cjmccjface
November 21st, 2016, 02:00 AM
so I'am a Junior in high school, and I have a couple of acquaintances who I talk to a bit at School. But I want to start making close friends who I can hang out with outside school. And I want a girlfriend, there is this girl I like in my algebra class in the morning.

Any advice?

Just JT
November 22nd, 2016, 09:46 PM
Making a friendship and a close friendship are different. Both take time. The good thing is that you recognize that you want this for yourself, and are trying to make a difference. And you also know it may be difficult for you as well. And that's ok, it's just who you are is all, you just do stuff a little different is all right?
So this girl, or anyone for that matter, that you want to know better, do you sit near them in class? Try and sit beside them, not behind, cause they can't see you, and not in front of them cause it's awkward to turn to face them. Yes, face them.

Pay attention to them, ask a question about the assignment or work, make eye contact, and smile warmly and confidently reorder them. And just be yourself. Do a little each day. Ask about their other classes, what teachers they have for any common classes. Trying to make a connection. But just take your time, and don't rush it. If they are interested they'll take notice of your attempts and likely try and continue the conversation.

I hope this helps, let us know how you make out ok?