PDA

View Full Version : You'll be okay

Equinox1
November 19th, 2016, 06:11 PM
This is something I've wanted to write for a while now. I'm not sure how well it's going to work out but I'm hoping that it's at the very a little uplifting. I speak here from experience. I am transgender and bisexual, I've struggled with self-harm, dependency on alcohol and drugs, I've been abused (emotionally, physically and sexually) and bullied, I've struggled with disordered eating and a ton of mental illness. I've attempted suicide three times, using three different methods. So I've been through a lot in life but I certainly haven't faced every hardship. I see friends and peers going through all sorts of challenges too: maybe their parents are getting a divorce or are always fighting, their partner has cheated on them, they've fallen pregnant or their partner has fallen pregnant unexpectedly. Sometimes it's even just things like arguments between friends or getting braces/glasses for the first time and worrying about appearances. I know that sometimes it feels like the world's coming to a end. Believe me. I'm also aware that I'm rambling here but my point is, I see so much suffering around me and sometimes I feel it too with my past and even the present, I just wanted to try to spread this message. Because when we're anxious or depressed, we can feel like burdens and sometimes it just feels like our lives are coming apart at the seams.

I'm here to tell you that you are important. You have a purpose and a reason to be here, even if you haven't discovered it yet. You are intelligent, strong and every single person on this Earth (including you reading this!) is beautiful. That the past does not have to define you. Don't ever feel like you're broken. I know what it's like to feel haunted by your past but this is what I tell myself: that it's over now and they cannot touch me, cannot hurt me anymore. I survived. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done. Whether you're straight or not (too many sexualities to name!), biologically female, intersex or male, if you're cisgender, non-binary, transgender, it does not mean that you are any less deserving of love or respect or safety. Neither does your financial status, race, religion (or lack thereof), your weight and whether or not you are mentally ill/have special needs. No matter what people may say, you deserve to be happy. Remember: 'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.' (-Dr Seuss :P) If people can't see how great you are, that's their problem and not yours, be proud of who you are.

I know that it's easy to feel unloved and sometimes it feels like things would be better if you'd just go away. That is not true. When we're depressed, it's easy to surround ourselves with negative thoughts and it's hard to see the joys in life. But you have to hold on. You have to keep fighting because there are people who love and care about you. Maybe that doesn't seem true, maybe you haven't met them yet but there will be someone there for you. And I beg you not to end your life, even if it seems like everything's falling apart, because one day you'll look back and be glad that you didn't. That you pulled through and kept fighting. If you're hurting yourself, hurting or if someone's hurting you, the first step is to just reach out. It doesn't matter how small or insignificant it may seem, if you're suffering then it's enough to ask for help. There are helplines and forums, you can talk to your parents/carers or if not them then a teacher, friend, school counselor, anyone you trust. Just talking, getting it all off your chest, can make a difference. Don't be afraid to start therapy or medication, if needed. Those things are there to help you and they do help. You're not alone and you're not crazy. There's no shame in asking for help.

You need to know that whatever you're going through, however bad you're feeling, this will pass. You may feel like laying in bed all day but you can't. I know it's hard but you have to find things you love. No matter how small it is, if it's a hobby (drawing, writing, hiking, whatever) or an interest (music, TV shows, films, etc) or if it's simply just going outside for a walk, you need to hold on to that. You need to do something, even if you don't feel up to it because dwelling on the thoughts all day will only make worse everything seem worse. Make sure you're eating and drinking right, even if you don't feel like it and try to sleep right. I don't have much else to say except good luck because I have faith in every single person reading this and I know that you can make it in life. You'll be okay.

-PS feel free to PM me at any time, if you ever need someone to talk to <3

Amethyst Rose
November 19th, 2016, 06:53 PM
That was beautiful, thank you for sharing. I commend you for all the struggle you've had to endure up until this point in your life. It takes a very strong person to do that. I hope your message helps and inspires many people - it sure inspired me.

Equinox1
November 21st, 2016, 05:21 AM
That was beautiful, thank you for sharing. I commend you for all the struggle you've had to endure up until this point in your life. It takes a very strong person to do that. I hope your message helps and inspires many people - it sure inspired me.

I'm so glad that my message was able to inspire you! Apparently 47 people so far have seen it so that's great :D