PDA

View Full Version : Do you try not to be obsessed with your body?

Anniebanannie
November 19th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I try to take care of myself, but not focus on some extra pounds or wishing my books or thighs were different, for example. I try to remember that it's what's in my head and heart that counts. It isn't easy, though.

AmyUK
November 19th, 2016, 03:05 PM
I definitely do the same. There are some things I would like to change about my body but in the end I prefer being natural and so I'm mainly happy with how I am. Like you say, it is tough though, with all the pressure from everywhere :/

Amethyst Rose
November 19th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Everyone has things they dislike about their physical appearance. I struggle with comparing myself to other girls, but I know that what's on the inside is what really matters. As cliche as it sounds, it's true. Love yourself the way you are.

angelina
November 20th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Everyone has things they dislike about their physical appearance. I struggle with comparing myself to other girls
First let us stop comparing with other girls..every girl has plus and minus points..Some girls are beautiful in their appearance but they may be weeping in hearts for some reasons. How can we define beauty.? it is in the manners than with cuteness.

Barbara.
November 20th, 2016, 06:35 AM
I don't obsess over my body weather I'm heavy or thin,short or tall, or if I have big boobs or small cause that's who I am. I do tend to fuss about my appearance when going out of the house. I always try to look my best.

Jamy
November 20th, 2016, 06:49 AM
Everybody has something they don't like about their bodies but I think when you go out and behave friendly and normal and use maybe a little bit make up (not too much cos it's about your natural appearance), then you're much more attractive for other people.

Taryn98
November 20th, 2016, 10:42 AM
I try not to think about it in general.

PandaLeah
November 20th, 2016, 10:44 AM
I used to obsess but now I accept my looks and embrace all my flaws and beautiful parts

Anniebanannie
November 20th, 2016, 06:02 PM
You guys are such an inspiration!

LITTLEANGEL16
November 21st, 2016, 01:43 AM
I am very happy with my body and always have been, and I can't see that ever changing, I will accept what nature throws at me.
EXCEPT PUBIC HAIR :yes:
XX

Anniebanannie
November 25th, 2016, 05:25 PM
I used to obsess but now I accept my looks and embrace all my flaws and beautiful parts

How did you come to accept yourself? So many girls and women hate their bodies because they don't meet some ideal of perfect.

BlackParadePixie
November 25th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Some days are harder than others, but in general I also try not to obsess over the things I have no control over.

shy_indian_chick
November 28th, 2016, 12:23 AM
i did used to obsess about wanting my boobs to be bigger for a long time, but i'm trying not to. i think what makes it really difficult is the immense pressure (especially in western society) for females to look a certain way in order to be considered "attractive".

Svetlana2000
November 28th, 2016, 01:07 AM
i just love my body. noones perfect but i feel 100% comfortable with my body, love dressing sexy and enjoy getting looks for guys and girls!

darla
November 28th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I'm okay wit mine

Anniebanannie
November 28th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Some days are harder than others, but in general I also try not to obsess over the things I have no control over.

i did used to obsess about wanting my boobs to be bigger for a long time, but i'm trying not to. i think what makes it really difficult is the immense pressure (especially in western society) for females to look a certain way in order to be considered "attractive".

It's great that so many girls here are OK with themselves. Especially when the pressure can lead to anorexia and other eds. I think we all need to boost each other!

shy_indian_chick
November 29th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I agree, Annie!

Anniebanannie
December 11th, 2016, 06:57 PM
What pressure do you feel to look a certain way? Where does the pressure come from?

marrisa
January 18th, 2017, 06:37 AM
I hated by body for such a long time.I was so young and skinny with big boobs and I hated myself.But things have gotten better and now I love myself and my body.I am no longer bulimic,and love what I have and feel good going forward.

Samosa
January 18th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Hey Marrisa so glad to read that you have overcome a scary ilness like Bulimia. You have to stay positive and remember we are all beautiful. Big boobs or small boob doesnt matter. my friend is super confident with her body ( her family are nudist) even though its not perfect, I am trying to learn to be confident like her. I think I could learn a lot from her and her family about body confidence.

Fiona2
January 22nd, 2017, 07:35 AM
I used to really struggle with this as my body type has always been different from most other girls. I'm 14 and have no boobs or pubic hair and I have very little body fat with a lot of muscle tone. But now I realize how fortunate I am because I'm healthy and I know there are others that have serious health problems. I've learned to accept how I look and be thankful for it.

Anniebanannie
January 22nd, 2017, 02:29 PM
I used to really struggle with this as my body type has always been different from most other girls. I'm 14 and have no boobs or pubic hair and I have very little body fat with a lot of muscle tone. But now I realize how fortunate I am because I'm healthy and I know there are others that have serious health problems. I've learned to accept how I look and be thankful for it.

That's so great to hear. :) How did you learn to accept yourself?

Fiona2
January 23rd, 2017, 11:43 PM
That's so great to hear. :) How did you learn to accept yourself?

I just decided that we too often take our health for granted and I was not going to worry about how different my body looks and just be thankful that I'm healthy.

Anniebanannie
January 24th, 2017, 08:17 PM
I just decided that we too often take our health for granted and I was not going to worry about how different my body looks and just be thankful that I'm healthy.

That's wonderful. :)

tiff1996
January 28th, 2017, 10:20 AM
My body type is very similar to yours I think. When I was your age I wasn't nearly as accepting as you are. I was very self-conscious about looking "different" from other girls and I really didn't like being seen naked by other girls. But I think you have a great attitude and in retrospect I wish I had been as accepting as you are because it bothered me a lot when it really shouldn't have.

IzzyB
March 24th, 2017, 03:03 PM

That's the best attitude! I'm with you! :)

shy_indian_chick
March 24th, 2017, 04:07 PM
That's the best attitude! I'm with you! :)

I agree with this also. In general our society puts way too much emphasis on superficial things like this instead of remembering what's really important.

clobo
March 24th, 2017, 04:10 PM
I'm happy with my body. I try to be healthy but still like to eat rubbish. If I put on weight I just go cycling for a couple of hours over the week for a few weeks and that normally works. I never want to be super skinny because that to me is yuck. I'd rather be a bit chubby.

veroda
March 24th, 2017, 06:43 PM
I never cared about my body as I always knew it was hopeless... Im kinda small skinny flat chested and I need glasses... its my body and I like it the way it is

ChloeF
March 24th, 2017, 07:06 PM
l try not to be but it's hard when the need to be perfect is constantly bombarding me from every angle. The media has a lot to answer for when it comes to body image and insecurity issues.

amelia_
March 24th, 2017, 07:24 PM
l try not to be but it's hard when the need to be perfect is constantly bombarding me from every angle. The media has a lot to answer for when it comes to body image and insecurity issues.

I agree. Body image can make things really stressful as there's this idea of how people think they should look. Imo it doesnt matter to me. Im happy how i am and dont care what people think lol.

RavenTheGoddess
April 14th, 2017, 04:02 PM
I try to not focus on things like that, but I just can't help it. Every time I pass by a mirror, I look at myself and think about what I could do to improve myself. I'm not super self conscious about my looks, just wishing I had a better physique, you know? Guess I just gotta work out more

lori99
April 15th, 2017, 12:32 AM
I try not to care too much but sometimes society's pressure gets to me :(

Anniebanannie
April 15th, 2017, 12:43 PM
I try to not focus on things like that, but I just can't help it. Every time I pass by a mirror, I look at myself and think about what I could do to improve myself. I'm not super self conscious about my looks, just wishing I had a better physique, you know? Guess I just gotta work out more

It sounds like you have a really good solution.

I try not to care too much but sometimes society's pressure gets to me :(

I know what you mean. How do you feel at those times?

lori99
April 15th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I know what you mean. How do you feel at those times?

I feel pretty bad then, I tend to notice all my little flaws and feel ugly :/ you?

amelia_
April 15th, 2017, 01:16 PM
I feel pretty bad then, I tend to notice all my little flaws and feel ugly :/ you?

When that happens to me i try to relax and remember that all those little flaws are really just in my head, and its not something people will notice. This helps me quite a bit. Remember that everyone has their own ideas about themselves, and they worry about how they look. They probably aren't looking to focus on you.

Anniebanannie
April 15th, 2017, 01:16 PM

I try to avoid looking at my flaws. I just try not to go there. It's hard and it doesn't always work.

I'm sure you're very pretty. We're our own worst critics!

lori99
April 15th, 2017, 03:29 PM
I try to avoid looking at my flaws. I just try not to go there. It's hard and it doesn't always work.

I'm sure you're very pretty. We're our own worst critics!

Aww thanks:) I'm sure you are beautiful too :)