PDA

View Full Version : Ramen noodles

Muddy Sneakers
November 19th, 2016, 11:33 AM
I think I have become addicted to Ramen noodles and need to go to a detox program for them. My sister keeps saying they aren't healthy because they have way too much salt. Is that true?

Endeavour
November 19th, 2016, 11:41 AM
They do have an awful lot of salt in them, according to google. They say that a 43g serving has 875mg of salt, which is 36% of an adult's GDA (guided daily allowance). As a comparison, that level of salt would usually be found in 2-3 packets of crisps.

Amethyst Rose
November 19th, 2016, 11:41 AM
I like them but they do have a lot of salt, so I wouldn't eat them all the time. They are my go-to food when I'm sick as I'm not a big soup person.

azure moonstone
November 19th, 2016, 11:42 AM
I love noodles, and so does Steven Jo :lol:

TTkohxzxj74

but seriously....yeah, very high in salt.

Melodic
November 19th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Like anything else, they should be eaten in moderation. I mean, if you constantly eat bananas it becomes unhealthy. Other than veggies, anything can be made unhealthy if you try hard enough.

StoppingTom
November 19th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Went to high school with a girl who was the manager for the Stage Crew and productions. One week she was too busy to go out and eat actual food, so she would just eat ramen noodles and drink soda for a week straight. She ended up going to the hospital for being hypernatremic.

everlong
November 19th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Yeah, they're very salty. There's really no nutritional value in them, but damn if they're not tasty.

Barbara.
November 21st, 2016, 03:48 PM
I love Ramen noodles also most the beef flavored. There is a lot of salt add in the manufacturing process and is heart unhealthy.

PinkFloyd
November 22nd, 2016, 02:49 PM
Really anything is fine in moderation. Well, except for things like meth... Don't do meth. Anyways, yeah, there's a shit ton of salt in Ramen. It actually has one third of your daily value of sodium, so yeah, quite a bit of salt in there.

zack.zack
November 22nd, 2016, 03:45 PM
I love them too and the flavor pack does have a lot of salt in it, but you can kinda control how much salt you get by not using so much of the flavor packet. I use about half for one serving and I use other stuff to season it up, too.

Dames
November 23rd, 2016, 12:34 PM
they are high in salt and msg, not so healthy lol. detox it is

petear
November 26th, 2016, 05:40 PM
they do have a lot of salt... yeah. i think its listed in the package over 900 sodium which is salt.. umm bad yea.

Trevor.
December 28th, 2016, 03:08 AM
I think I have become addicted to Ramen noodles and need to go to a detox program for them. My sister keeps saying they aren't healthy because they have way too much salt. Is that true?

My sister and I are in love with Ramen noodles but, our parent only let us have some when they are too lazy to cook, but that's really rare. Ramen noodles are packed with a lot of salt to preserve it and can lead to pimples.

JohnHunter
April 8th, 2017, 03:51 AM
I love it but it has much salt.

Amethyst Rose
April 8th, 2017, 08:31 AM
I love it but it has much salt.

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or longer :locked: