PDA

View Full Version : Learning to swim

Doc. Maestro
November 18th, 2016, 12:17 PM
It's been a long time since I've posted here. I will always keep this place deep in my heart for the support it granted me in some of my darkest moments, some of my most dreadful days.

I've come a long way since the day I first joined this forum as a lost, wandering soul with no clue of my place in the world, uncertain of my path, but here I am, on the verge of moving on to an unknown yet clear future, to walk a path which will twist, turn, fork, but ultimately lead me towards the light.

I just wanted to leave a short message here before I leave to America on holidays after my final exams of High School, something to hopefully spur you, the reader, on towards your goals and your hopes and dreams.

Life will try to drown you, it will plunge you deep into the ocean and leave you stranded. It will drag you out on a boat and leave you to rot as food for the many critters which line the ocean floor, and there is only one thing you can learn how to do to stop it: swim.

Life will toss you out time and time again, only for you to time and time again be saved by something, by someone, whether it be the luck of a piece of driftwood, maybe a boat with some people comes by, or maybe the current just by chance drags you to an island for safety. Whatever it may be, with time you will learn how to swim and take control for yourself, take your fate into your own hands rather than have to wait for somebody or something to rescue you, you will learn how to save yourself.

And it will be hard, nothing will make it perfectly easy, there's nothing you can do somethings to stop the bad things from happening, but all you can do is press on, and keep moving forward.

Always have faith, always keep hope in your heart, and fight on, and you will learn how to swim the tides which once threatened to drown you with ease.

Just JT
November 22nd, 2016, 06:40 PM
Thanks man, that's cool, very appreciated