PDA

View Full Version : Advice for School

Yugen
November 17th, 2016, 11:41 PM
I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, I'm on medication, I have my ups and downs, blah blah blah. I no longer self harm and I work with a great therapist.
But recently my boarding school, out of nowhere, threatened to send me home because they "don't have the resources" for someone like me. This is my last year, I'm about to graduate. I'm not going to do anything crazy and I've lived here long enough with them knowing about my mental illness that they should know that too.
Does anyone have any advice on this?? I really can't risk getting kicked out because of mental illness. The resources they have are wonderful for me, I'm not a risk to myself or others, and I just need to get through the rest of this year.

Just JT
November 18th, 2016, 09:08 AM
I think your therapist and parents need to get involved. If your doingbas well as you say you are, they should be able to give the school enough credible insite into how well you are doing, how safe you are, and elaborate on the support systems in place that are helping you to succeed so well in the school. And also show how detrimental having you removed would be to your mental health.

Not to mention it might actually be illegal to kick you out like that

ethan-s
November 18th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I would call a lawyer.

Yugen
November 23rd, 2016, 01:14 AM
Update:
They're no longer bugging me, however I did see them send home other students. I'm not sure 100% who's choice it was, but I do believe my pressure with laws made them back off.