PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Friend Getting Revenge?...

ItsJustSomeone
November 17th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Well, I used to be friends with this person... let's call them Jim. Essentially, I had quit our friendship after I found that it was having way more negative effects on me, rather than positive ones. I was constantly afraid of being judged, saying the wrong things, or being blamed for excessive drama. One day, I decided to drop it. I would have preferred to have talked about it and explained my feelings, but Jim is rather stubborn. They wouldn't have let me out of that conversation without attacking me in some way, and I know it. I sent a text telling them it was done and over with. I blocked them, and off I went. It probably wasn't the best choice, but I felt I had no way out without getting kicked in the ass, too.

After this, they never spoke to me again... until now. Jim now keeps following me around, asking for a reason to why I broke our friendship in an aggresive manner, making fun of me and my friends, eavesdropping on my conversations, yelling, and accusing me of everything that went wrong with our friendship. They've even accused my parents of being responsible for this. I don't know what to do with them anymore!

It's affecting me and all of my friends. I can't go to class without fear that Jim will attack me again. I need some way to get them away from me as soon as possible so that I can live in peace again!

Uniquemind
November 18th, 2016, 05:15 AM
I'd just turn around in a huff, and say "because you've got a mean and judgemental streak in your personality, that's why, and I put up with it for years, and you never became self-aware of it in all that time and made more than 3 strikes out".

Just JT
November 18th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Seems to me there never was a friendship. That not how friends treat each other or make them feel. If a true friendship you shouldn't have those feelings from them, so no love lost there right?

As far as what to do? Nothing, seems you already told him/them. So if they don't like your answer, not your problem. Say it one more time and walk away, just like the poster before me said. That's perfect...

As far as his current behavior, I know what I'd do, but I'm not going to suggest that. Report his behavior to the school. He's being aggressive, bullying and intimidating you. And there are laws to protect you about that. I'd he does the same outside of school go to the police explain what's happened, explain what you did at school to protect yourself while at school and ask what you can do to protect yourself outside of school. Tell them you are afraid for your safety. They will need to respond to that in some way.

ClaraWho
November 18th, 2016, 12:53 PM
I'd report him for harrassment to the school, explaining how it is affecting your attendence and ask them to speak to him. That's the only way to resolve this. Also don't get dragged in to talking about the past relationship. You ended it the only way you could & the most important point here is, YOU OWE HIM NOTHING. You don't owe him an explanation as to why you don't want to be his friend. Next time he bothers you just said this, 'I don't owe you any explanation, I don't like you as a person and you need to move on. This is harrassment, please stop'.

Be firm, be repetitive. Don't rise to anything he says and walk away, ignore him if he follows.

Good luck! He sounds creepy :/.

~ Clara

jamie_n5
November 26th, 2016, 08:18 PM
If this is happening in school I would go to the principal or a counselor and report the activity. You have a perfect right to choose your friends. Be harassed or bullied is not something you should have to put up with either. Please report this stuff to the school authorities.