PDA

View Full Version : How can I get a GED?

Kacchon
November 15th, 2016, 08:23 PM
I'm at the point where I need to graduate early. I'm very busy in my personal and work life that I can barely focus on school anymore. I'm currently in 12th grade, and I'm homeschooled. Is there any way I can get a GED? Does it require parental consent? (I'm 18)

And I'm sure someone is going to tell me to gradate this whole year. I can guarantee that my chances of passing with a GED are much higher than a regular diploma.

Just JT
November 18th, 2016, 09:01 AM
I think the laws will be different state to state in general. But if your 18 your an adult and can do as you please.
But honestly, your in your last year of school and you wana drop out?
Because your personal life is so busy?
I think I'd re-evaluate your personal life because your only looking at a few months before your done, with a degree. And if you drop out, get a GED you'll always be a drop out and people will always ask you how come you dropped out in your last year of school.

I think that might be awkward and seem foolish in like 5 years when your picking up some girl in a bar or something and getting to know her and she's telling you about her senior year in college, then asks you about your school......

Hideous
November 18th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Some schools offer a GED program, I would ask. At 18, you are technically legal, the decision is up to you.

There's more to degrees than there is to a high school diploma. At the end of the day, as long as you continue to get your education, it doesn't matter what other people think. People get their GEDs to get out of high school faster or because they're dealing with personal problems.

My friend received his GED, got into a community college and transferred to a university that he always wanted to apply to. Just work hard. It does not make you dumb or stupid, it's just a faster, easier route to take.

Good luck!