PDA

View Full Version : Bald eagle?

Muddy Sneakers
November 14th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Have you seen a bald eagle? I saw my first one this weekend and it was amazing....swooping down low over a field, i think it grabbed a mouse or some tiny animal and flew right over me, with its white head really apparent. Amazing. And sort of scary looking.

SethfromMI
November 14th, 2016, 10:08 PM
several times :D, truly majestic creatures

Babs
November 15th, 2016, 06:06 PM
I think I saw one in a zoo once. There are at least 2 nests nearby. One I saw in the woods a ways from my house but I didn't see an eagle. My mom said she saw one flying around near my house so I'm keeping an eye out.

nekid
November 20th, 2016, 01:32 PM
saw one a couple of weeks ago, flew out of a tree about 10 feet away from me. it was really cool

ImCoolBeans
November 20th, 2016, 08:21 PM
I've seen a number of bald eagles, they're beautiful, and also huge. I used to live relatively close to the Delaware Water Gap and there are a lot of them in that area.

everlong
November 20th, 2016, 09:10 PM
I don't think I have. Multiple times on the internet for sure, though.

Falcons_11
November 29th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Two years ago my family and I were visiting friends in New Roads which is in Pointe Coupee Parish about 60 miles west of Baton Rouge, LA. We took a short trip to the Atachafalaya Basin. This is a big swamp just west of the Mississippi River in south Louisiana which is sometimes used as a spillway when the Mississippi is flooded. We saw a couple bald eagles perched high up on dead cypress trees. These magnificent birds would swoop down and catch prey in the basin.

dude_g
December 11th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Only at the zoo

darla
December 12th, 2016, 03:56 PM
They are cool

Barbara.
December 12th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Long ago in a zoo. It would be more beautiful seeing one in the wild.

Harrier
December 28th, 2016, 04:44 PM
They are amazing. Where I live there is one of the biggest winter populations in the world i think. they counted over 260 last week!!! Where I used to live I was lucky to see one a year. But i have always loved seeing them!

beachdude
February 1st, 2017, 09:58 AM
Yea, sure, not all the time, but on occasion I do. There's a wildlife refuge near me that's on the ocean and they do visit there. Don't see them as much as I did when I live in New York though. There a wildlife refuge in central NY called Montezuma. Beautiful place and I think there's something like 6 or 8 full time residents there. Look here: https://www.fws.gov/refuge/montezuma/wildlife_and_habitat/baldeagle.html

Definitely worth visiting if you're in the area.http://cdn0.wideopenspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/1baldeagle1.jpg

colton.S
June 19th, 2018, 08:44 PM
we see them during the fall cattle round-up

Nicky47
June 19th, 2018, 09:09 PM
I saw one on the side of a highway in a tree it was so exciting even though a brief moment