PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do

nebulous
November 14th, 2016, 02:44 PM
So... my story since the last 2 years: In January 2014 I weighed 200 lbs.
After I had realised this was WAY to much, especially because I only was
15 years old that time, I started eating less and less. I dropped from 200 lbs to my "healthy" 158 lbs. Now I wanted to start bulking up and grow some muscles. In order to do so I started lifting weights and performing push-ups and dips at home. Also I downloaded the app "My FatSecret" to control my calorie intake but after I had tracked my food intake a few days I was shocked... I just ate around 1.400 calories a day and were satisfied with this little amount!
The last days I tried to eat as much as 2.500 calories as the app (and also other calculators on the internet) advises me to but the problem is: after 2.000 calories I feel SO stuffed I feel like I'm bursting the next few seconds.
Do you guys have any similar experience or any advice for me? I don't want to gain fat and am afraid to do so because I feel like I'm eating WAY to much but obviously I don't.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and advices.

(Sorry for ~any~ mistakes and typos, I'm native German but we don't have a such vast forum as VT here in Germany so I decided to try my luck here.)

KimuraWannabe116
November 14th, 2016, 07:25 PM
If you want to consume more calories without eating to much, I recommend drinking things like grape juice, milk, apple juice etc. I'd also recommend to invest in some olive oil, its high in calories, healthy, and is easy to consume - all you have to do is put a couple tablespoons on you're dinner and your good to go.

BlackParadePixie
November 15th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Eating that many calories isn't bad, if you're working hard to burn them off. I think it might have more to do with WHAT you are eating to get those calories. If you're intaking alot of carbs and starches... pasta, bread, potatoes...those foods can make you FEEL heavier and more bloated...the full/stuffed feeling. Try eating more lean foods, you won't feel so full, and you will even be able to eat more of them because they generally have less calories per gram than the high starchy foods.

Muddy Sneakers
November 19th, 2016, 10:10 PM
if you are a teen and even halfway active then you prob need at least 2000 calories per day if not many more. but why don't you talk to a doctor or nutritionist to get some processional advice on how to add the right proportion of protein etc to your diet.

drhalsey1
November 19th, 2016, 10:45 PM
The average for calorie intake is 2,000. So maybe get up to or at least near that amount and keep exercising so you keep a balance more