PDA

View Full Version : That darn sexuality survey

Pangaea
November 14th, 2016, 01:27 AM
I'm almost 17 and female, and a few months ago I decided I should probably get a move on in figuring out exactly what the hell I'm attracted to. Except it hasn't quite worked out like that, and for some reason or another, I have doubts about literally just about every sexuality.
So, I did the Gender and Sexuality Survey on this site, thinking I'd pretty much just answer questioning to what I'm attracted to.
BUT NO. OH NO.
I can't remember what I put X's next to as being attracted to, but I do remember thinking at the end, "well, this is pointless, my answers are a complete mess and sometimes even contradictory. I might as well be pansexual." And then it hit me... OH. OHHHHH WAIT WHAT. AM I... PAN??!?
I hadn't seriously considered it before then. I'd assumed maybe bi 'cause... I can see how girls are attractive? And also how boys are attractive? Does that count? Am I actually attracted to them, or can I see how others find them attractive? Shit...
Don't get me wrong, they are attractive. I guess.
I don't think I'm explaining this very well. Am I asexual?? Pansexual?? Considered demisexual, but... Urgh. It's impossible.
Heh. So, any ideas? Anyone else have trouble figuring out what they are?

ska8er
November 14th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Ur confused but u should just live life the best way
u can till u find that someone who is going to click
with u and I'm sure u will know it and then u can
decide what orientation u r. Don't keep worrying
about it. I consider myself Straight/Curious but
probably Bi but right now Idk and I'm not going
to let it mess my mind up-when the time is right
then I will know. U r not alone.

PlasmaHam
November 14th, 2016, 10:44 PM
People lived for thousands of years before the 50 some-odd gender and sexuality names came into existence. I am pretty sure Ceasar knew he was into women long before the term "straight" came to be. You'll be fine, just let things flow naturally, right now you are simply feeling peer pressure into deciding something that you can't.

jamie_n5
November 17th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Just keep going on and don't worry or be so concerned right now on trying to pinpoint where your sexuality lies. Someday you will find someone and get that special feeling and overwhelmingly attracted to them. Then you will know who and what you are and it will be great.

LiamC
November 20th, 2016, 08:56 AM
You don't necessarily have to have a label, whoever you are attracted to is fine. Labels are for other people really, just gravitate whoever you're drawn towards and that is fine. One day you might realise exactly what your label is but don't worry too much about it.

Just JT
December 16th, 2016, 02:55 PM
People lived for thousands of years before the 50 some-odd gender and sexuality names came into existence. I am pretty sure Ceasar knew he was into women long before the term "straight" came to be. You'll be fine, just let things flow naturally, right now you are simply feeling peer pressure into deciding something that you can't.

I was thinking exactly this as I was reading this thread. Different sexualities have always existed. If there were no labels on sexualities then there would probably be a lot less stigmas, perceptions and stresses over association of sexuality. People just have sex with people. Just some people make other people when doing it. There's no rule book in sex or sexuality other than it should be fun and not hurt (unless you like it that way)

DoodleSnap
December 20th, 2016, 07:02 PM
My best advice is that you shouldn't worry about labels. A label should fit around you, you shouldn't fit yourself into a label.

With experience, time, some safe experimentation (if you want to), and an open mind, you'll work out how best to identify.

Basically, don't fret it. You like what you like, and just be comfortable with that.

(But if you're really super worried, then I think that pansexual is generally a pretty good label to describe yourself.)

Good luck.