PDA

View Full Version : Being harassed at school for sexuality

whatnow44
November 13th, 2016, 02:24 PM
I'm straight.
I have moved to a new school and in my English class I am being harassed by a couple of lesbian girls and gay guys who mock my sexuality. They will pass me notes saying that kissing a guy's mouth is retarded and revolting or that I love c*m in my p**sy which is usually accompanied with a picture of me getting humped by a guy (sorry for the graphicness) and then one of the girls came up to me in the hall saying "you should be ashamed of yourself" and a lot of other stuff that I don't get.
I am really depressed, my parents are busy adjusting to the move and I feel like they might have a divorce because they haven't been getting along and I don't have anyone to talk and I feel really shitty and the school situation isn't helping. And since I'm new no one will help me or try to talk to me.
I do my best to ignore them because I know they're being immature and may do what they do because they've been harassed for their sexuality but it's hard. I have been skipping the class because I don't want to deal with it and the harassment is bringing back suicidal urges that I had been having before the move and I just don't know what to do.
:(

Phosphene
November 13th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Welcome to VT. :)

Your sexuality is part of who you are, never be ashamed of it. That's easier said than done with the harassing but don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. Keeping it bottled up isn't good for you - you need to tell an adult what's going on so it can get taken care of. The teacher of the class this is happening in would be a good place to start. I hope you can get it sorted out:)

Atlantis
November 13th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Hi there, and welcome to VT.

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having, both at school and at home. You're doing incredibly well to ignore them, that's a great place to start. However, keeping your feelings to yourself can be a bad thing, so it's good sometimes to talk to someone you trust, either a teacher, or a close friend, and let them know what's going on. I do think you should tell your teacher though, that way they can keep an eye on things and can take further action if needs be. Finally, I totally agree with what Amethyst_ has said above, you should never be ashamed of your sexuality. Hope things get better soon. :)

SethTheGreat
December 28th, 2016, 12:55 AM
There's only been one time that someone trying to make fun of me because of my sexual orientation I even got into a fight. But when you actually take the person down with one hit they stop making fun of you. I'm not saying to solve all your problems by fighting, what I'm saying is you can ignore as much as you can but you just have to show that you're the better and bigger person. There's no way to get them to stop other than try to ignore as much as you can it's not right with him doing it it's not a good representation of the gay community. I hope things get better for you, you can always try to go along with it. Like if they say kissing a man's lips is gross just look at them and say I know right. They won't see that coming.

alphaSafaia
December 28th, 2016, 01:15 AM
Huh. This is the exact opposite of what I expected.

Anywho, my advise is pretty simple: be proud of yourself!

You are you (imagine that!), and that's the best part of you, or any given person! People who are themselves are the best people on Earth. Don't let those bullies get to you.

Personally, I would try to brush it off, but if they refuse to quit, tell a teacher. I hate doing that as much as the next student, but that is NOT acceptable. Passing that sort of note is horrible. They clearly have had many issues of their own, because acting like that is not normal whatsoever. Try making some friends and they'll probably leave you alone. Bullies generally share the same tactic of preying on the weak. And that tactic only works on those who don't have friends to support them. Preying on the weak only shows one's own weakness.

In short, try making some friends, and they'll probably leave you alone. If they don't stop or it gets worse, involve a teacher.

Trevor.
December 28th, 2016, 02:32 PM
I'm straight.
I have moved to a new school and in my English class I am being harassed by a couple of lesbian girls and gay guys who mock my sexuality. They will pass me notes saying that kissing a guy's mouth is retarded and revolting or that I love c*m in my p**sy which is usually accompanied with a picture of me getting humped by a guy (sorry for the graphicness) and then one of the girls came up to me in the hall saying "you should be ashamed of yourself" and a lot of other stuff that I don't get.
I am really depressed, my parents are busy adjusting to the move and I feel like they might have a divorce because they haven't been getting along and I don't have anyone to talk and I feel really shitty and the school situation isn't helping. And since I'm new no one will help me or try to talk to me.
I do my best to ignore them because I know they're being immature and may do what they do because they've been harassed for their sexuality but it's hard. I have been skipping the class because I don't want to deal with it and the harassment is bringing back suicidal urges that I had been having before the move and I just don't know what to do.

You shouldn't be facing these kind of abuses at school. Usually when you are straight you don't get bully but this is still as bad. I recommend talking to a councilor ,and you should also try getting you classes switched up so you don't have to be in that class. Don't let them control you. Stand up for yourself and try making friend who would help you. GOOD LUCK ��

Matryoshkasystem
December 29th, 2016, 01:50 AM
Take it to a school offical, even if they are LGBT+ they still should get in trouble, bullying is bulying, and them being gay and Lesbians shouldn't affect that. I know to some its not "manly", but what is more important, being seen "manly" or saving yourself mentally, and potentially physically. I see it like this, it takes more strength to look and cause change, then to roll over and take it.

jamie_n5
January 2nd, 2017, 05:40 PM
I am sorry for what you are going through. I think like others have said you need to go to the school authorities and counsellor and get something done. If you still have the notes and pictures you need to bring them and show them to the officials. You are being sexually harassed in a very vulgar and bad way and it needs to be stopped. If the school officials won't do anything to help then go to the cops or have your parents go to the school board. You definitely need to act now. I again feel deeply bad and sorry for you and wish you luck on getting this stopped.

NewLeafsFan
January 4th, 2017, 05:16 AM
What these people are doing could be sexual harassment and it is definitely a form of bullying.

Dont give these idiots any attention. You have probably become their new entertainment source during class. When you get a note, dont even look at it. Just crumple it up and through it out. Eventually they will stop.

AceOfHearts
January 7th, 2017, 05:30 AM
I'm straight.

Well, a lot of these things are stereotypically associated with what Straight people do to homosexuals, so maybe they're just getting in there before you can? I'm not sure. It might also give them a confidence boost because, as I said before, the fact may well be that this has happened to them by either bullies or family because of stereotype. The trick is no to chat shit back, but don't just coware back. Now I'm not saying to do the same to them, but you should defiantly tell someone. Maybe tell your group of friends (if you've made one yet) so you can feel safer and they can have your back? Or you could quietly tell a teacher that they're making you feel unsafe so maybe you could stay in the classroom away from them? Also, do you keep the notes that they give you? Because that is classed as bullying and they can be punished for that, and depending on how graphic, it can lead to severe consequences.
I hope this has helped a little bit x. Welcome to VT!!!I hope that you find here safer than you feel some other times

auser_name
January 7th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Dont liste to them. Your perfect the way you are and should never be ashamed or want to change anything about it. This sort of thing really pisses me off. As a homosexual male I find these sorts of comments on other sexuality highly hypocritical especially after we fought a lengthy campaign of rights for us to marry and just be open about it. Than you have some fucktards preaching the same hate we fought so valiantly to abolish.

Sorry, Ranting.But as earlier stated. You're a perfect young lady and should take no notice of these idiots. What gives them the right to judge you. If this happened again just mention to them what I said. Maybe it will shut them up a bit.

Bontigo Papi .
January 8th, 2017, 03:06 AM
You shouldn't be ashamed of your sexuality , it's who you are , and no one can judge you for that .

if you're struggling , you may need to talk to the principal or to your parents .

Just JT
January 8th, 2017, 06:49 AM
The only post I'd disagree with is the one that involves fighting. Unless there's no other choice and back against the wall

Besides that, welcome to your new home and I'm sorry about your parents. But you should say something about this. There's no reason yiunshould endure this herrasememt anywhere. Especially school. Not sure where you live but here in the states we have very strict laws about anti bullying laws. And the school has to stop it. If not they become responsible for it.

Not only for you but everyone else, be brave and stand up for your rights and don't let them see it's bothering you. Just don't show it, but do a lot about it. Go to yiur teacher, principal, school board if need be. Make them put a stop to it.

You have rights, take advantage of them ok? The support will be there for you.

RavenTheGoddess
April 14th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Just simply tell them that their bullshit won't phase you (lie if you have to. Lying is not a good thing to do, but if they are harassing you this bad, tell them.). Also contact someone you trust, such as a guidance counselor or teachers. If they pass you notes, just rip them up without even looking at them, or just throw them away. They will eventually give up. It took a while but by ignoring people's harassment, they eventually just realized that I don't care. I'll just keep being myself.

Won't hurt to try. Do you have friends also? My friend, Chris, helped me out when I felt like killing myself.

Speaking of, killing yourself is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It does NOT solve anything. You only have one life. Don't waste it on narrow-minded people like that.

Atlantis
April 16th, 2017, 12:08 AM
Just simply tell them that their bullshit won't phase you (lie if you have to. Lying is not a good thing to do, but if they are harassing you this bad, tell them.). Also contact someone you trust, such as a guidance counselor or teachers. If they pass you notes, just rip them up without even looking at them, or just throw them away. They will eventually give up. It took a while but by ignoring people's harassment, they eventually just realized that I don't care. I'll just keep being myself.

Won't hurt to try. Do you have friends also? My friend, Chris, helped me out when I felt like killing myself.

Speaking of, killing yourself is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It does NOT solve anything. You only have one life. Don't waste it on narrow-minded people like that.

Please don't bump old threads. :locked: