PDA

View Full Version : First "Good" Picture of Mine +Story

Plane And Simple
November 12th, 2016, 08:22 PM
So after my best mate's birthday being in 2 days, I decided this would be a proper gift for him.

This picture was taken back in April, he's a magician and let's say I'm a photographer for literature's sake. He's loved it ever since, the shoot was pretty short and we only got 3 proper shots out of it. I was hesitant to edit them as I always am with my shots, but back in September, I decided this would make a perfect "meaningful" gift, as he's thanked me too many times and told me how good it was (when I don't see it as that good of a shot), as well as having it as profile pictures ever since.

Last week I finally edited it out and improved it a little. Printed on gloss paper and framed it on 15x20cm. To me, this picture represents so much more than what you can see in it. For me, this is the portrait of good times, endless conversations, and fun times, together with the emotions that magic can bring to people.

I never considered my pictures good, until this. The meaning given to this picture is something I wish I could do with the rest of them, but you need to have someone stand in front of the lens to give it that meaning, and achieving the level of the person holding the deck is something pretty hard.

Hope you enjoy it.

http://i.imgur.com/ElXKXSL.jpg

Just JT
November 12th, 2016, 09:13 PM
It's a cool picture. I think he'll like it. It means something to him and you obviously. I'm sure he knows that. And will always like it.

Good choice bro...

Plane And Simple
November 13th, 2016, 10:33 AM
It's a cool picture. I think he'll like it. It means something to him and you obviously. I'm sure he knows that. And will always like it.

Good choice bro...

I gave it to him Friday because we would not be able to meet later on in the weekend and he's studying in another city, so weekdays are a no go. He absolutely loved it and keeps bringing it up every now and again. These moments are those which make so much stuff worth it.

ImCoolBeans
November 18th, 2016, 11:36 AM
I think most people like hearing the stories behind photographs, but as a photographer I have a huge appreciation for that. I could probably tell you the story behind every photo I've ever taken. Cool story and photograph -- I'm glad your friend loved it.

dude_g
December 11th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Gorgeous!