PDA

View Full Version : Hand warts

Jericho14
November 12th, 2016, 04:23 AM
I've been getting quiet a few warts lately (mostly in my left hand), Im just wondering if what causes warts and is it common for my age to have one??

camo115
November 12th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Mostly by touching other warts but also irritation. I used to get them on my elbows when i did lots of shooting because i was on them alot but once i started using a mat they stopped after getting them removed. They root deep into your slin so they dont go away naturally and products that are over the counter often dont work so the doctor can use liquid nitrogen to freeze and kill them. It stings but its fine and its worth it

jamie_n5
November 12th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Yeah you should get a wart remover. That stuff that freezes them like Camo115 said works well. You can also get a liquid that you dab on and when it dries it makes it able for you to peel off a few layers of the wart at a time too.

PlasmaHam
November 12th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Duct tape also works pretty well on warts too. But the prescription stuff works faster.

Warts are caused by a viral infection in the skin, so they can happen to anyone. What probably happened is that your left hand came in contact with a surface with the virus, and over time the warts will start to show. I imagine that you can get some medicine to kill the virus.

Just JT
November 12th, 2016, 09:05 PM
There's different kinds of warts. And many have different ways to be removed. Best thing I'd say is ask your doctor. He'll give you the best solution.

Amethyst Rose
November 12th, 2016, 11:08 PM
You can also get a liquid that you dab on and when it dries it makes it able for you to peel off a few layers of the wart at a time too.

I had two warts on the top of my hand a long time ago and this is what worked for me.

This is just common sense, but I figured I'd go ahead and point it out: don't just pick and rub at it to try and make it go away. Doing that will only irritate it more. Sadly, I know from personal experience. (I was only like 8 and didn't think anything of it)