PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Switch

abisert
November 11th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Before then known as the Nintendo NX, the Nintendo Switch is Nintendo's new console coming out in March of next year. A preview of it has been shown on YouTube about a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

It also has a subreddit for discussion here: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/

In my opinion, it looks like a good system. I haven't played a Nintendo console in a long time since I lost my 3DS about a year ago this month. Since then, I've been inactive in the gaming world, I could see myself holding this off this console unless I have a strong desire to buy it at the time it comes to stores. If I feel like it, I'll still check out the subreddit at time for more news coming out for it.

Have any of you heard of the new console yet? Any thoughts? Are you planning to buy it?

everlong
November 11th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I'm thinking of getting it. I'm a big Nintendo fan, and the Wii U was a bit of a disappointment. I'll see what people think of the Switch before I make any big decisions. I'm also thinking about getting a 3DS/2DS, but I don't know if I want to spend the money.

Endeavour
November 11th, 2016, 04:27 PM
I have looked at it, and it does seem like something that I would enjoy. However, given the fact the Wii U pretty much failed against the PS4 and Xbox One, I don't think that this will go very far.

Flapjack
November 11th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Tbh I reallyyyyy don't get the hype!!! Whilst innovation from Nintendo has worked before with the wii, I think sometimes they end up trying too hard and ending up with a product that just isn't that good, the wii U for example. I think the switch will be another example of them trying too hard tbh.

I would love a home console from Nintendo and I would buy one!! They already make the DS so I don't see the need for the switch to try to do both and likely succeed at neither. I could be proved wrong however and I would love to be proved wrong.

bonbon
November 16th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Interesting concept, and can't wait to see the new zelda on it... But I fear it may be overpriced, and lack good 3rd party games. I'm not sure it is worth getting one when one already has a computer with a good graphic card.

Weekender56
November 20th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Nintendo has been doing too much wrong over right for me to care. It's interesting, but not something I'm super eager about.

dude_g
December 11th, 2016, 04:43 PM
I'm super excited!!!

MintyMary
January 13th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I thought Mario looked adorable running around all those humans in Odyssey! Can't wait for this holiday!

Flapjack
January 14th, 2017, 06:28 PM
I really want one but only for the games, not for the odd controllers things, the kinect-like features or because it is close in power to the PS4 and xbox one.

Uniquemind
January 19th, 2017, 03:54 AM
If I'm gonna get one, I'll buy one in 2018 or 2019, once more information comes out regarding it's game library and user reviews.

I'm not happy with 3 hr battery life rumors, but when I think about it, I will be working and in college during those years so perhaps I won't have time to play for the 4 hour stretches of time I'm used too.

I do suspect scalpers are going to try to take advantage of the first wave of consoles. So I'm bypassing that and letting them keep their stock.

Rumors are that netflix and hulu and crunchyroll also won't be available on the Switch.

Rendez-Vous
January 19th, 2017, 09:55 AM
i don't think switch would be very popular. it can't fight with ps4/xboxone as a home console, but for handheld one it'd lose to smartphones just because games for it are cheaper and it's more convenient to carry a tablet that can be useful for other things as well. but geeks and nintendo fans will surely buy it, and perhaps if i'd have some extra money then i could buy it but i still can't see why nintendo has decided to 'fight' with both consoles and smartphones/tablets though

Seth Green
March 20th, 2017, 05:07 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124037/4552157-5589687259-tumbl.jpg

Phosphene
March 20th, 2017, 05:41 PM
image (http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124037/4552157-5589687259-tumbl.jpg)

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or longer. :locked: