PDA

View Full Version : Climate Change

Neeplin
November 10th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Do you believe in climate change? Why or why not?

Moriya
November 10th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Yes, I do. The weather here has drastically changed...

Cute_Jenny
December 30th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Yes, I am sure the Climate has changed. This year is another year without snow at Xmas

Fleek
December 30th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Yes, I am sure the Climate has changed. This year is another year without snow at Xmas

Nearly 60 here on the 25th. Deforestation is real too! #JustStop

NewLeafsFan
January 1st, 2017, 10:16 PM
Its obvious. Look out your window. Last year, where I live in southern Ontario, last Christmas eve (2015), it was 16 C.

Donald Trump changed his stance on climate change as soon as he was elected because someone actually educated him on a very serious issue.

Contraman
January 1st, 2017, 11:18 PM
I think it's cyclical, but I do believe we're changing the severity of it and the speed at which it occurs. So short answer, yes.

PlasmaHam
January 2nd, 2017, 12:01 AM
Its obvious. Look out your window. Last year, where I live in southern Ontario, last Christmas eve (2015), it was 16 C.

Nearly 60 here on the 25th. Deforestation is real too! #JustStop

I'm having a very cold winter here where I live, that must prove that we are actually dealing with global cooling!!!:eek:

WeathermanSam1
February 16th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Yes, as a fan of weather, I do believe in climate change because it has been the warmest year ever recorded for a few years in a row

bentheplayer
February 16th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Climate change is defined as a change in the regional or global climate pattern from a statistical pov for an extended period of time. Only idiots will refuse to believe that the climate has changed given the various obvious change in data of climate trends. If you don't believe that the climate has changed then one must be living in an alternative facts era. Climate change doesn't necessarily need to be one place getting warmer and can also be one place getting colder than the usual baseline.

At best one can only debate the cause of climate change but not climate change itself.

TWDjacob
March 3rd, 2017, 04:32 PM
i do believe in it because even if you look around the world you can see obvious things like the polar icecaps melting. We usually get tons of snow every winter where i live but for the past few years it has barely snowed and everyone has their house windows open and walk around in shorts in the middle of what should be winter

Dmaxd123
March 9th, 2017, 05:11 PM
I believe in it but not to the extent that a lot of people are talking about:

I think it's more of a weather cycle, local radio has weather reports back to like the 70's and a lot of the time we are are producing the "coldest morning since 1974" and other times it may be the warmest day on record since 70's

so i think we are in a weather shift but not a dire the world is going to end climate change

MaeFae
March 19th, 2017, 09:08 AM
It's hard to deny climate is changing, the real debate comes when you question the cause.

bonbon
March 19th, 2017, 05:42 PM
I'm strongly convinced that global warming is real, and that humans are the primary cause of it. Why? Because science seems to massively conclude in the same way.

Nelli
April 6th, 2017, 08:31 AM
I'm strongly convinced that global warming is real, and that humans are the primary cause of it. Why? Because science seems to massively conclude in the same way.

My thoughts exactly. Many posters dont seem to understand that weather and climate are two different things.

angelamartines
April 27th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Well the increase in the number and streght of natural disaster is an obvious sign...

Falcons_11
April 28th, 2017, 09:02 PM
I believe the climate is changing. But I don't it's all entirely the fault of humans although we do have a lot to do with it. It's also a part of the earth's natural climate cycles that have been going on for millions of years. But humans still should make every efforts to slow down this natural phenomena. But, I feel, that despite all our efforts, eventually, climate change will prevail.

geanyna
April 29th, 2017, 02:44 AM
the climate is definitely changing. when i was a kid you we always spent the easter holidays at the beach. now its been the 4th or 5th year in a row with stormy weather over easter.

boyfromthesouth
May 1st, 2017, 06:14 PM

ditto

AnemoneStar
May 1st, 2017, 07:42 PM
I think that global warming is real too for the aforementioned reasons.

Nadin
June 20th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Climate is definitely changing and that's not that strange if you are thinking the scientific way.For example in 1700 there was a ''Little ice age''.If we are polluting air knowingly why is anyone surprised that temperatures change drastically?Some few years ago rain fell ove a year in places like Dubai,now it falls few times a year.
In city where I live(Sarajevo) there was a temperature change from -24 to +25,that never happened as far as I recall,it happened this year.

nebula
June 20th, 2017, 11:35 AM
I definitely think the climate is changing. I haven't had a snowy winter for like 5 years. Even then, since I've been born it's been pathetic snow according to my grandparents.

Justacarguy
June 24th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Understanding changes in weather as a natural phenomena and not believing that we are causing these changes as humans, is neither idiotic nor against common science, look at the predictions of the last half century... They have included ice ages, that acid rain would kill all humanity, that the ice caps would melt.... Climate onthis planet has changed drastically, both with humans present and before us, so to focus on the brief history of our lifespan and assume that any changes are due to usis both narcissistic and improbable

Orange Kenny
July 2nd, 2017, 07:18 PM
I don't think that's a matter of belief. Some things aren't just theories, but more like actual facts. It doesn't matter if you believe in gravity. Gravity, just, is.

mattsmith48
July 4th, 2017, 11:10 AM
The choices for this dumb question should have been
-Yes every scientist in the world agree it is real and man made.
-No because I'm paid to say its not real
-No because I'm a fucking idiot who believe in crazy conspiracy theories