PDA

View Full Version : Aussie's urged to plan exit strategy from US

Gumleaf
November 8th, 2016, 05:02 PM
http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/north-america/warnings-for-aussies-in-the-us-as-election-tensions-mount/news-story/c3dd81041bbb6a32f0647ee2b5966a43

This article is from News Limited newspapers in Australia. The question is if this warning is an over reaction or a reasonable cause of action?

Flapjack
November 8th, 2016, 05:07 PM
I don't think it is an other reaction, Trump supporters have threatened shooting and some schools with polling stations have closed to avoid another school shooting. I don't think there is that great a risk and I highly doubt any Australians would be harmed but it is nice to see your government caring for their citizens!!! :)

Paraxiom
November 9th, 2016, 04:47 AM
Sounds reasonable, taking the high probability of bad riots.

Ragle
November 9th, 2016, 05:12 AM
I don't know why, but this article made me laugh. I can't take that seriously.

Uniquemind
November 9th, 2016, 05:15 AM
We'll have to take it seriously now.

Ragle
November 9th, 2016, 05:20 AM
If that is the case, I feel sorry for anyone who lives in the States. Even those who support Trump.

phuckphace
November 12th, 2016, 11:03 PM
fear-mongering and stupid, unless these madcunts are mad enough to have gone to some major urban hellhole like Chicongo. outside of the Mad Max urban areas populated by butthurt minorities, the possibility of encountering a riot is extremely slim.

this is like if the US government put out a notice to American expats living in downtown Canberra to watch out for saltwater crocodiles (I assume there aren't too many salties hanging out in the Woolworth's parking lot). this was probably the work of some goofy leftoid who thinks all Americans walk around 24/7 with full-auto assault rifles strapped to their chests and buy ammo out of vending machines

Falcons_11
November 13th, 2016, 11:05 PM
As it turned out, it seems that Aussies and others here would have more to fear from left wing protesters if they were in Portland, OR or other cities who are experiencing riots than from right wing groups.