PDA

View Full Version : Pads vs tampons

Barbara.
November 7th, 2016, 07:05 PM
This is very embarrassing to ask .I use pads mostly unless I run out and uses moms tampons until we can get to the store. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and always have a hard time inserting them to where I don't get sore. I have 2 questions , is there a special way to insert them without hurting? And what is your preference. Pads or tampons and why?

LITTLEANGEL17
November 8th, 2016, 02:53 AM
Hiya Barb, NO need to feel embarrassed its a choice we all have to make, personally I use Teen Tampons, and it was mum taught me how to use them. as she uses them to but its the normal size ones,
I hope you get things sorted out, and find out what's best for you. :yes:
XX

stoneflowe96
November 9th, 2016, 08:14 AM
maybe you could use tampons with a smaler size. A other reason could be that your periode is light and a bigger tampon drys you out. If it s not to embarresing to you, you could ask your best freind if she uses tampons or your mum, how to insert a tampon. Also you could look for a menstruation cup. I mostly use small tam,pos, but I do think if I switch to a menstruation cup.

LITTLEANGEL17
November 9th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Hiya Katja I dont know anyone who uses a menstruation cup, how do they work and how good are they??
XXX

Barbara.
November 9th, 2016, 05:19 PM
maybe you could use tampons with a smaler size. A other reason could be that your periode is light and a bigger tampon drys you out. If it s not to embarresing to you, you could ask your best freind if she uses tampons or your mum, how to insert a tampon. Also you could look for a menstruation cup. I mostly use small tam,pos, but I do think if I switch to a menstruation cup.
I prefer using pad for comfort reasons, but every so often I run out and use moms tampon until I can get to the store. My periods are light for the most part. I have read about menstrual cups and seem very uncomfortable to use,but I could be wrong. I asked a couple friends but they mostly use pads as well. I was wondering maybe I was inserting improperly..

Claire Asteroid
November 9th, 2016, 07:33 PM
I usually use washable reusable pads but sometimes disposable pads.

tiff1996
November 10th, 2016, 03:55 PM
This is very embarrassing to ask .I use pads mostly unless I run out and uses moms tampons until we can get to the store. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and always have a hard time inserting them to where I don't get sore. I have 2 questions , is there a special way to insert them without hurting? And what is your preference. Pads or tampons and why?

I would try the slim tampons and maybe use some lubrication. I used pads when I was younger because I had a small hymen opening. I hated them as they suk for sports and working out. When I was 18 I had surgery to enlarge my hymen opening and I was able to use tampons after that. I would never go back to pads.

stoneflowe96
November 10th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Hiya Katja I dont know anyone who uses a menstruation cup, how do they work and how good are they??
XXX

I prefer using pad for comfort reasons, but every so often I run out and use moms tampon until I can get to the store. My periods are light for the most part. I have read about menstrual cups and seem very uncomfortable to use,but I could be wrong. I asked a couple friends but they mostly use pads as well. I was wondering maybe I was inserting improperly..

Hey you two. I ordered a menstruation cup and I will give you a report as soon as I get it and my periode.

I usually use washable reusable pads but sometimes disposable pads.

How are washable pads and how and where do you wash them? Do you need to change them more or less that disposable pads?

Merging double posts - please use the edit/multi quote buttons next time. ~Lost Horizon

AmyUK
November 10th, 2016, 04:59 PM
I always use disposable pads. I kinda had symptoms of TSS when I was younger so since then I've always been scared to use tampons. Pads work okay for me but they're a bit grim really, I wish I could use tampons.

Barbara.
November 10th, 2016, 05:23 PM
I would try the slim tampons and maybe use some lubrication. I used pads when I was younger because I had a small hymen opening. I hated them as they suk for sports and working out. When I was 18 I had surgery to enlarge my hymen opening and I was able to use tampons after that. I would never go back to pads.
I'll have to try the slims now that I'm more active in sports and other activities could be better than pads.

Hey you two. I ordered a menstruation cup and I will give you a report as soon as I get it and my periode.
Yes please keep us informed, I will be very interested to know.

Claire Asteroid
November 10th, 2016, 06:48 PM
They're OK, just wash them in the washing machine. I need to change them about the same amount as when I use disposable pads.

PandaLeah
November 18th, 2016, 03:37 AM
when I first got my period I couldn't fit a tampon in it was too painful, but over time it got easier.

Just give it time

Some months I can't at all, its like a vise at times down there

Taryn98
November 19th, 2016, 09:41 AM
I've always used tampons and have never had a problem getting them in.

angelina
November 20th, 2016, 04:19 AM
I have 2 questions , is there a special way to insert them without hurting? And what is your preference. Pads or tampons and why?
using mom's tampons is ok...I have not had this situation.But better we should have enough stocks of pad which i feel comfy..

Barbara.
November 20th, 2016, 06:20 AM
using mom's tampons is ok...I have not had this situation.But better we should have enough stocks of pad which i feel comfy..
I always try to keep enough in supply but there were times I forgot and ran out ,or we were on vacation and was absent minded to pack mine.
Since I started this thread I have tried the mini pearl and seems to be little more comfortable to use.

Elena_
November 23rd, 2016, 01:52 PM
I always try to keep enough in supply but there were times I forgot and ran out ,or we were on vacation and was absent minded to pack mine.
Since I started this thread I have tried the mini pearl and seems to be little more comfortable to use.

In my opinion the Compak Pearl are more practical to carry around. :P

Svetlana2000
November 30th, 2016, 10:19 AM
i use tampons too and as my mom is not living with us any more its been my dads girlfriend who taught me how to use them. luckily my period is only 2 days, only sometimes 3 days... but those are very painful!

Anna Kadlecova
March 31st, 2017, 02:25 PM
Had you ever had somethings in you vagina (no tampons - I mean fingers, ...)?
Mayghtbee it can be a good and helpfull experience.

ClaraPott
April 1st, 2017, 07:47 AM
Its so cool advice. It can help.

Kaja Fialiva
April 2nd, 2017, 01:49 AM
I agree. I used this tipe of advice.

clobo
April 2nd, 2017, 03:27 PM
I use pads but want to try tampons. I use pads because its what my mum buys for me but have bought some tampons to try on next period. x

KateMarshal
April 24th, 2017, 05:58 AM
I use pads but want to try tampons. I use pads because its what my mum buys for me but have bought some tampons to try on next period. x

So...?

kalha123
November 29th, 2017, 01:38 AM
just using pads.no ideas abt others

Dalcourt
November 29th, 2017, 05:47 AM
This thread was bumped . :locked: