PDA

View Full Version : Parents holiday

swimjoey1
November 7th, 2016, 12:52 PM
My parents left yesterday to Florida on a cruise. This is the first time that they left me alone for 12 days. I brought enough food and money for me for the days they are gone. I am the only child and they I have the whole house to myself. I feel like inviting friends over this weekend, but it might go out of hand. Maybe bunch of girls too. Have any of you been left alone while your parents are away.

ClaraWho
November 7th, 2016, 02:15 PM
As tempting as it may seem, you must have watched all the sitcoms of this going horribly wrong... drinking, damage to the house, vomiting, sex on parents bed and used condoms, police called for a noise complaint, neighbours telling your parents upon return... really not worth it. I'd also be really boring and point out how your parents probably work hard and should get to holiday without you breaking their trust, and wrecking their home.

Just my opinion,

~ Clara

jamie_n5
November 8th, 2016, 08:10 PM
I think that inviting a bunch of friends over knowing that you have the house to yourselves with no one coming home could be a big mistake. Things may get out of control with people you don't want coming in and people bringing liquor or drugs or something in. The house could get damaged or things really go bad and end up with the cops coming and you getting into big trouble. I guess you will have to use your best judgement on this.

Falcons_11
November 8th, 2016, 09:04 PM
I don't know your age and don't know where you live. But if you lived in my city you and your parents would be in BIG trouble for leaving a minor alone unsupervised for 12 days especially the police were called. That being said, I agree with others here that inviting a lot of friends over to party is a huge mistake. Don't do it, dude!

Babs
November 8th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Don't go crazy brah. You probably don't want to disrespect your parents like that, and it will very likely come back to bite you in the ass. If you insist on having people over, invite a few friends but don't throw a rave or nothing.

Ben7
November 10th, 2016, 11:19 AM
As everyone has said it is probably a bad idea that you will end up regretting. Perhaps you might be able to invite one or two or three friends if you know they are not the type of friends who would get out of control. If you know the person well then it will be a safer risk to take, just use your judgment.

zack.zack
November 10th, 2016, 01:14 PM
As tempting as it may be to have a bunch of friends over, its really not worth it in the long run. I dont see anything wrong with having one or two friends over, but not more than 3 because things could get out of hand and be more than you can control. BE wise about any decisions you make, your parents left you alone because they feel they can trust you and you are responsible enough to be left home alone. Dont want to do anything to ruin that.

Kyle37
November 10th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Invites some friends you can trust, but don't have a huge party with random people that you barely know. I've been left alone, not for too long periods of time.

Dames
November 21st, 2016, 12:42 PM
it's the best feeling to be alone, just make sure not to invite too many people. I;d say limit it to like 10-15 so things can still be in control

niklas
November 24th, 2016, 06:29 PM
It's probably tempting, but I'd say don't do it. A guy I know from school did, and he figured he was just inviting a few people, but then it got way out of hand and the police ended up coming and shutting it all down. And even if it didn't get that far, there'd probably be a big mess to clean up anyway. I'd say invite a couple of your closest trustworthy friends over to watch some movies, play vid games or whatever.