PDA

View Full Version : How to not act very feminine

bloolboo
November 2nd, 2016, 12:46 AM
Idk if I'm in the right category for this, but a lot of girls find me gay because of the way I talk/act, but I'm not. Idk what to do? How do I change that so girls know that I'm not gay?

I'm a guy btw

Leprous
November 2nd, 2016, 01:21 AM
You are who you are and you shouldn't change a single thing to be accepted by others. Their opinion of you honestly doesn't matter, what matters is that you can be yourself.

PinkFloyd
November 2nd, 2016, 01:25 AM
Dude, don't change a single thing. Just be you. I'm also sort of feminine to be honest. I've been hit on nearly 10 or so times in the past few years. SEVEN of the ten were guys. I accepted the compliment and told them I wasn't interested. Trust me, acting like someone else isn't a good plan.

Abhorrence
November 2nd, 2016, 08:01 AM
Agree with the other two posters. You are who you are. I'm a gay guy who isn't OVERLY feminine but still gets called out on it sometimes, I used to despise it and want to be this masculine dude that I just wasn't. When you accept yourself your life just gets better, you learn to just be happy with you despite the opinions of others.

Flapjack
November 2nd, 2016, 01:35 PM
I can personally relate to this XD I have had people stop me and ask me if I am gay and even my crush XD (She's a girl) Honestly buddy I agree with what has been said above, you are you!! No point pretending to be someone else, just do what you find fun!!:) Long as you're not hurting anyone buddy then don't worry about the haters <3

ska8er
November 2nd, 2016, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=bloolboo;3451444]Idk if I'm in the right category for this, but a lot of girls find me gay because of the way I talk/act, but I'm not. Idk what to do? How do I change that so girls know that I'm not gay?

I'm a guy btw[/QUOTE

U act urself-don't try to change. Id question
it if any guys tell u the same-if not then what
do the girls know-ignore it.

:fall: :turkey2:

jdhud024
November 3rd, 2016, 12:38 AM
I also am gay and at first I tried to hide my feminine side but now I don't care. Yes I drink stereotypical white girl starbucks drinks, yes I walk feminine, yes I sound flaming, yes I can come across feminine sometimes. No I don't care either. And my boyfriend is just as feminine as well lol, if not more so.

Don't try hiding it. Living while constantly worrying about trying to appear something else isn't fun. Who cares what other people think, it just means you have haters, and everyone has haters.

The Byrd
November 4th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Don't act differently because it will come off incredibly inauthentic and there's frankly no point in doing it. Why act differently when you can just reassure them that your word is the truth?

Jinglebottom
November 4th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Been there, done that, yet here I am. Feminine as fuck lmao (except I'm subtle about it so nobody notices).

Phosphene
November 4th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Do you want to mold yourself into what other people think you are, or do you want to be yourself? You'll be so much happier with yourself doing the latter. If you've got haters, you're doing something right - the haters hate because you're different from them. Be proud of who you are and never change for anyone.

jamie_n5
November 4th, 2016, 10:54 PM
You don't state your age and that may or may not have anything to do with things. You have had some great answers and I too think we are what we are and can't change that. I am sure that things will be fine in the future. Just remember there are gay pro football players and straight ballot dancers so don't let stereotypes worry you.

Just JT
November 5th, 2016, 05:29 AM
The hardest person to completley accept, is yourself. When you can do that, you can accept anyone

Zachary G
November 11th, 2016, 07:03 PM
You are who you are and you shouldn't change a single thing to be accepted by others. Their opinion of you honestly doesn't matter, what matters is that you can be yourself.

You are who you are and changing who you are just to be accepted would be untrue to the spirit of who you really are and meant to be. IF people cant accept you for who you are then they are not the people you want to deal with or be around. Stay true to who you are, theres a girl out there for you somewhere. Just be patient.

Microcosm
November 16th, 2016, 06:08 PM
The stereotypical "feminine" attitude is actually not so bad. It's pacifistic and caring. It's definitely better than the stereotypical extreme masculine attitude.

People always say that girls should be "tougher," but it seems to me that guys should also be more caring.

Dying Ember
November 17th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Just be yourself!!