PDA

View Full Version : Why are iPhones so awkward?

Mall Tea Zer
November 1st, 2016, 12:11 AM
I encountered a problem where my Samsung Galaxy or something refused to mount a 32GB SD card, and I buy lots of music from Apple. Since the phone's internal storage obviously isn't that great, I thought about getting an iPhone. Therefore, I remembered how easy it was to sync data to an iPod, but I decided to get an iPhone 5 or maybe 4, as it's easier to answer calls on a phone than turning off an MP3 player first.

Anyway, I had a problem where the iPhone didn't recognize my SIM-card from GiffGaff. So I had to fathom what was up. Then it would not sync the data on iTunes, so I tried a different link cable, and it worked to begin with. However, it still won't sync the tracks because it says there's not enough space. It had been allowing me to add tracks by using the 'Add to Device' option, but now that no longer works either, and I've not got that many tracks on it. Only a few dozen. Then sometimes if I left the house, it would appear to be in "buffer" mode with a white screen.

It's quite bothersome, actually. What phone would you recommend I buy next?

samuel15
November 5th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Samsung Galaxy S5 mini or S6 mini, they are really good not to big and waterproof.
I have had the S5 mini for a year now and have never had any kinds of problem with it.

Mars
November 5th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Music :arrow: Tech Junky's Paradise

This is better suited here

mrmee
November 15th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I got an HTC 10 a few months ago and i have absolutely no complaints about it what so ever. Its fast, clean, customizable, has a removable SIM & Micro SD slot, base model comes with 32 GB internal storage, and has the loudest speakers ever on a smartphone, complimented by BoomSound by Dolby audio. Install Pandora, YouTube, or Spotify, and you have all the music you could ever want

Flapjack
November 17th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I recommend the galaxy s6 buddy, a lot cheaper now because the s7 is out and it is a reallyyy nice phone :) Fast, great camera, wireless charging and awesome screen :)

bonbon
November 17th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I like the Samsung Galaxy S serie, so I'd agree with Flapjack, the S6 looks great. Though still a bit costly.

Kyle37
January 27th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Nothings wrong with the phone (its obvious you don't know much but don't worry). You can't just stick a SIM into any smartphone and expect it work. You have to make sure for one that the phone you have is unlocked, or locked to the carrier you want (GifGaf etc.). Next, with some random carriers, they use different signals, and not all phones have the antennas to support.
The problem with not having enough space might have a wide range of options that you're dealing with:
1. Have you checked how much space your phone has, and what other apps are taking up?
2. If it shows that you have space available, you might be able to sync enough songs to fill the phone, but obviously you can't sync a whole 100GB music library to an 8GB phone.
3. If it shows that you have space available, but you can't seem to get anything on the phone, consider restoring (this is probably not your case).

Buffer mode with a white screen?? Is your phone possessed? Can't diagnose this issue specifically.

Everyone on here's going to recommend you buy some flavor of samsung for some reason, but your real problem here is you need to learn the basics of using a smartphone.

All the above explanations aren't really giving advice, but more promoting their opinions of what they think is the best smartphone, which is usually their own, and are kind of insecure about their choice thinking maybe I should've got ____ because mine has all these problems or lack of features/smoothness.

Amethyst Rose
January 27th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Nothings wrong with the phone (its obvious you don't know much but don't worry). You can't just stick a SIM into any smartphone and expect it work. You have to make sure for one that the phone you have is unlocked, or locked to the carrier you want (GifGaf etc.). Next, with some random carriers, they use different signals, and not all phones have the antennas to support.
The problem with not having enough space might have a wide range of options that you're dealing with:
1. Have you checked how much space your phone has, and what other apps are taking up?
2. If it shows that you have space available, you might be able to sync enough songs to fill the phone, but obviously you can't sync a whole 100GB music library to an 8GB phone.
3. If it shows that you have space available, but you can't seem to get anything on the phone, consider restoring (this is probably not your case).

Buffer mode with a white screen?? Is your phone possessed? Can't diagnose this issue specifically.

Everyone on here's going to recommend you buy some flavor of samsung for some reason, but your real problem here is you need to learn the basics of using a smartphone.

All the above explanations aren't really giving advice, but more promoting their opinions of what they think is the best smartphone, which is usually their own, and are kind of insecure about their choice thinking maybe I should've got ____ because mine has all these problems or lack of features/smoothness.

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or more. :locked: