PDA

View Full Version : All you 90s grunge freaks, get in here

Phosphene
October 29th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Who else are fans of bands in the subgenre of rock classified as grunge? Who are your favorite bands?

I like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, and Imma get slapped if I don't say Nirvana xD Used to be into Mudhoney but they're not really my thing, and I like a couple of Pearl Jam songs.

bougainvillea
October 30th, 2016, 02:02 AM
I may not listen to these very much, but I do like these bands :)

- Nirvana
- Smashing Pumpkins
- R.E.M.
- Foo Fighters (according to Google, it falls in that category)

Lost in the Echo
October 31st, 2016, 06:52 PM
Alice in chains for sure is my favorite grunge band. Used to be Nirvana but I got burned out on their shit a while ago, but I still do listen to them occasionally. Aic is honestly pretty underrated I'd say. And even though their lead singer died a while ago, I still think their newer music sounds really good. Jerry Cantrell did a great job taking over.

Stone Temple Pilots I like a lot too. Sucks though there won't be any kind of reunion since their singer died of an overdose last year. Scott Weiland had a fucking awesome and unique voice.

Phosphene
October 31st, 2016, 06:59 PM
Alice in chains for sure is my favorite grunge band. Used to be Nirvana but I got burned out on their shit a while ago, but I still do listen to them occasionally. Aic is honestly pretty underrated I'd say. And even though their lead singer died a while ago, I still think their newer music sounds really good. Jerry Cantrell did a great job taking over.

Stone Temple Pilots I like a lot too. Sucks though there won't be any kind of reunion since their singer died of an overdose last year. Scott Weiland had a fucking awesome and unique voice.

AIC IS MY FAVORITE GRUNGE BAND TOO! :D Although, I'm not a fan of their music after Layne Staley died.

Have you read Scott Weiland's autobiography? I heard earlier this year that Stone Temple Pilots was having auditions for a new singer but haven't heard much since. Even if they do find one it won't be the same.

Babs
November 1st, 2016, 03:02 AM
Rooster by Alice in Chains is my jam. Smashing Pumpkins is also pretty good.

Faith Collapsing
November 1st, 2016, 03:21 PM
Listening to only Dirt, Superunkown, Ten, and In Utero for a month saved my life, in a way. All of those bands are great, and I like some stuff by the Pumpkins. I also have a big love for My Bloody Valentine, although they're not really grunge.

everlong
November 5th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Oh fuck yeah I love grunge, without a doubt one of the best genres out there. Nirvana is one of my, if not, my favorite band of all time. Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains are all genius. I haven't listened to a lot of Soundgarden, but it's up there on the list of many bands and albums I keep forgetting to listen to. I don't know if I'd consider the Smashing Pumpkins to be grunge, there music is a little too soft to be considered so in my mind. I still love them though. Rock on.

BlackParadePixie
November 11th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Dinosaur Jr.!!!

and Alice in Chains.

EuRo
November 15th, 2016, 12:50 AM
I haven't been listening to grunge recently, but probably my favorite bands in order are:

1. Alice in Chains
2. Soundgarden
3. Audioslave
4. Temple of the Dog
5. Nirvana

Nirvana is overrated; Audioslave seems to be sorta unknown by a lot. All are good bands in my opinion, though.

NoahNoah
November 15th, 2016, 01:02 AM
Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana Audioslave, Dinosaur Jr, Courtney Barnett, Violent Soho, Smith Street Band, Silverchair and Seether are my favourites

Cjmccjface
November 21st, 2016, 03:32 AM
I fell in love with 90's Alt/Grunge Music about a year ago. It first started out with Nirvana's "Come as you are", I love the sound of Grunge music. It's got those heavy distorted sound to it. Then I found 90's Alt though "Siamese Dream" by Smashing Pumkins. Kickass Album "Cherub Rock" is the best song of the 90's.
My list goes on and on for Sick bands from the 90's. The one that I'am binge listening too right now is the Foo Fighters debut album. Dave made the whole album all by himself. Check it out if you have a chance.

90's Music is

-Nirvana
-Soundgarden
-Alace and Chains
-Pearl Jam
-Stone Temple Pilots
-Smashing Pumkins
-Candlebox
-Garbage
-Hole
-Foo Fighters
-Presidents Of The United States Of America
-The Offspring
-Kid Rock
- Green Day(More Punk but whatever)
- Pixies
-Sonic Youth
-Bush
-RadioHead
-Dinosour Jr
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Jane's Addiction
-Silverchair
-Collective Soul
-U2
-Local H
-Tool
-Deftones
-R.E.M
-Our Lady Peace
And Lots More!!!

OH AND LETS NOT FORGET FUCKING NICKELBACK!!!, I'am I right?

Check out all of these bands out if you have the time, oh and feel free to add more if you like. And one last thing, NICKELBACK SUCKS ASS!!!