PDA

View Full Version : First time

KingdomHearts
October 29th, 2016, 08:09 AM
This is the first time losing someone for me (the last being when I was 6, so I don't have memories of him) and I don't know how to be supportive to the people who are losing the person, any ideas/tips?

Ben7
October 29th, 2016, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. In terms of support to people who lose a person, you can talk to them and let them know you are there for them if they ever need anything or someone to talk to. The way you have asked about it is very vague but in general it would depend on who you are referring to (i.e. a parent of the deceased, a sibling, a friend, etc.) but you could try visiting them to show your support, invite them to hang out or do stuff. Send a card, call them to see how they're doing, offer to help them out with chores or other to-do's, etc. There are many things you could do so that's generally what I'd say. Good luck and sorry for your loss.

jamie_n5
October 30th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Well first sorry for loosing someone that you care about. You don't say the relationship that you had with this person. Normally just be sympathetic with the family and friends and greet them and extend your sympathy and maybe mention something you enjoyed about the person or an experience you had or things of that nature. I think you will be alright.

Endeavour
October 30th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Hi there, well firstly I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Who was it exactly who passed away? A family member, a friend? What I'd recommend most of all is to always be there to talk to anyone else you know who was close to the person in case they need someone to talk to. Just be friendly to them, ask if they're having a nice day etc. This will make them feel better. If you are feeling down, don't be afraid to talk to others, whether they are people you know personally, or people here on VT. This is a great way of letting your feelings out and letting people know how to support you better.

Just JT
October 30th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Sorry for your loss

When people are experiencing the same loss it's just a matter of being together. That way they all know their not alone. Sometimes not even saying a single word, maybe just a look in the eyes or a hug says more.

Cecilia254
November 17th, 2016, 04:59 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Kyleroe
November 29th, 2016, 07:36 AM
I am very sorry for your loss :(

zack.zack
November 29th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Losing someone is a very difficult thing to deal with, especially when you want to be there for other people. You have to deal with your own grief in your own way and so do they, so the only way you can be supportive to them is to just be there, be ready to listen, share what you are going through, and move on with your lives. Time will heal all of your wounds, just know it will.

bentheplayer
December 1st, 2016, 11:40 AM
Firstly, I am very sorry for your loss. As what others have mentioned, it will very much depend on your relationship. In addition to what have already been suggested, if it was someone close perhaps you could make a memory book or picture montage to chronicle key moments of their life. It can help with the grieving process by commemorating their life and the memories made.

karenessi
December 2nd, 2016, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. There isn't much to add, everyone has already said what you should do.