PDA

View Full Version : Substitute for talcum powder.

Dina254
October 28th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Okay! So, how all have you used talcum powder to make your life a bit more simpler? I've always been a constant user of talcum powder and I usually use it to get a mild body fragrance, to reduce the oiliness of my skin and have also used it as a compact when I run out of one. Also, I use talcum powder to sooth my skin after my waxing. But, recently I read an article that clearly shocked me. http://thelawfirm.com/talcum-powder-lawsuit/baby-powder-dangers.html It seems like regular use of talcum, specially baby powder can lead to ovarian cancer. Now, I'm really scared to use it any more. But what other option could I use? May be I can use a moisturizer instead, but what for my oily skin? please do share your suggestions.

Babs
October 28th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Pure corn starch. That's what baby powder is made from, but you can have it without all that other junk. But honestly you probably have nothing to worry about.

Amethyst Rose
October 28th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I have oily skin as well. For me, Cetaphyl products work nicely, especially the moisturizer which makes your skin really soft and the facial wipes which I keep in my locker to use about halfway through the day to get rid of any excess oil. Neutrogena facial powder is also really good for not only evening skin tone, it helps with acne and oily skin too.

Elena_
October 29th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Okay! So, how all have you used talcum powder to make your life a bit more simpler? I've always been a constant user of talcum powder and I usually use it to get a mild body fragrance, to reduce the oiliness of my skin and have also used it as a compact when I run out of one. Also, I use talcum powder to sooth my skin after my waxing. But, recently I read an article that clearly shocked me. http://thelawfirm.com/talcum-powder-lawsuit/baby-powder-dangers.html It seems like regular use of talcum, specially baby powder can lead to ovarian cancer. Now, I'm really scared to use it any more. But what other option could I use? May be I can use a moisturizer instead, but what for my oily skin? please do share your suggestions.

Just use a mattifying oil free Moisturizer... I use this one every night

https://www.polishcosmetics.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/3/2305.jpg

Muddy Sneakers
November 14th, 2016, 08:21 PM
yeah don't use talcum powder. I don't use it often , but Johnson & Johnson baby powder - made from corn starch - works perfectly.

TheFutureDoctor
November 14th, 2016, 09:05 PM
I use a regular talc. I live in the tropics and sometimes I experience nasty rashes due to sweat whatever. so yeah, use it all the time..

Uniquemind
November 15th, 2016, 02:46 AM
I have oily skin as well. For me, Cetaphyl products work nicely, especially the moisturizer which makes your skin really soft and the facial wipes which I keep in my locker to use about halfway through the day to get rid of any excess oil. Neutrogena facial powder is also really good for not only evening skin tone, it helps with acne and oily skin too.

Yeah but doesn't Cetaphyl products have a lot of Phthalates in their liquid soaps and lotions?

Isn't that the same stuff we don't want in our *ahem* sex toys for health reasons?

Amethyst Rose
November 15th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Uniquemind

I honestly have no idea what phthalates are. But it's taken me this long to find something that actually helps my skin and is compatible to use with a cream I was prescribed, so I'm not too keen on the idea of switching now.