PDA

View Full Version : Don't think I have real 'friends'

Mynameisdean
October 27th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Its always on my mind and I really just want to get it out to be honest, Im not sure if I even had friends for the past 2 years. Mainly, I float around groups but I still got invited to most the parties and gatherings, which is great I guess. I'm in another group now (lots of people went to college, this is UK BTW) and I feel like they all like me but I am never even considered whenever they go to places. Someone else recently moved into their group and he is invited to pretty much everything they have done. In fact, I've known these people and have been hanging around these people a lot longer than he has but I guess maybe its my fault I'm not invited. He does know them but was in a different group before everyone moved out.

As much as I like them, I don't feel secure or otherwise part of it. There's really no other group in the school I can fit in with as most people have left. I would love to go college because of all the new people but at the same time, they have nothing to offer me, education wise. The other college, is, and forgive me...'chavvy' and its not the environment I want to be in with all the stuff the kids there do.

Not really sure how to get new friends at this stage (can't really go up to someone on the tube can I??) unless I go to uni. (Can't wait for that tbh) I love being social and out and about, I get so bored at home but honestly so confused right now..

Amethyst Rose
October 27th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Let me first say that I don't think groups should define who your friends should be. I see groups as a form of exclusion, which prevents you from getting to know more people you could become friends with.

Since you seem to really like the people in your group but they don't consider you for activities, you should try to keep in contact with them as much outside of school as possible, contribute to their conversations if you hear them talking about something you would like to go to, and see where that goes. Hope this was helpful, and good luck!

jamie_n5
October 28th, 2016, 07:36 PM
You sound just fine to me. Just a little bummed out that some of your friends have moved on. I am sure you will make many new and nice friends since you are outgoing. Just keep mingling with people and don't feel sorry for yourself and move on yourself too.