PDA

View Full Version : My friend

Exparagus
October 24th, 2016, 03:07 PM
So I have this friend, and she has some problems. She hates herself so much. She thinks she is so ugly (I think she is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever met) that she hates having her picture taken and she once threatened to kill herself if I didn't delete the pictures I had of her. She has promised that she would never self harm or commit suicide though. Anyway, she hates herself very much on the inside and the outside. I don't want to talk to adults about it because she already has and she said it only made her feelings worse. I was wondering, how can I convince her that she isn't as bad as she thinks? She is amazing and I want her to feel like it.

Just JT
October 30th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Maybe don't try so hard. Don't try to convince her. Just treat her the way you think someone should be treated. It'll take some time but it'll work its way around

Atlantis
October 30th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Depression, Loss and Grief :arrow2: Family and Friends

I think this is more fitting over here.

dude_g
November 1st, 2016, 09:02 PM
Don't make it seem like you're trying to convince he

*her

If you would like to edit your post, please use the edit button, do not post again. Double posts have been merged. ~Lost Horizon

jamie_n5
November 4th, 2016, 11:16 AM
I think you need to just give her her space and let her sort through and figure things out for herself. Don't mention anything about the subject. if she brings it up just say something like "you know you aren't". Leave it up to her family to seek help for her if she needs it.

Shouetsu
November 10th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Being someone that currently isn't that happy about his looks i can say that the "treat her like everyone else" strategy that everyone is talking about works really well! It's almost a safe bet if you ask me. cx Good luck!

ItsJustSomeone
November 10th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Don't try to force her into thinking about herself differently. The truth is, only she can change her perception of herself. Over time, it's likely she'll be able to solve her personal issues. Until then, like the people above me, I suggest you treat her like anyone else. It sounds like you're being a great friend to her, and for now, that's all you'll need.