PDA

View Full Version : Orchestra concert

rioo
October 24th, 2016, 01:20 PM
I watch orchestra at concert hall last night. It actually cool but yeah I'm not familiar with classical. Classical orchestra sounds so dynamic, sometimes they playing it slow and suddenly going faster.
Do you enjoy watch orchestra concert? and how long concert last? how is the audience?

Michael75
October 24th, 2016, 05:36 PM
I've played classical music in the school orchestra; i played violin. I did enjoy it and I miss it, but it takes too much time. The audience loved the concerts. I listen to classical occasionally, but I prefer classic rock and psychedelic.

Amethyst Rose
October 24th, 2016, 05:57 PM
I've never listened to much classical music, but I think I would enjoy attending a classical orchestra concert as I like instrumental music.

BlackParadePixie
October 24th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Classical and orchestral music is so beautiful. I've been to see various symphonies perform Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Handel, and even been to see an orchestra perform the main pieces from the Lord of the Rings score :)

ImCoolBeans
October 27th, 2016, 10:10 AM
I've never seen an orchestra or symphony preform, but I do enjoy classical music. I mostly listen to it when I'm doing school work -- it helps me stay focused and on task.

ChandeRamiah
November 2nd, 2016, 12:17 PM
Classical music is actually very entertaining

ThisBougieLife
November 3rd, 2016, 09:49 PM
I go to the symphony all the time; I love it. Sometimes I wish I could jump up and clap at different points rather than just at the very end--but that's part of classical music, sitting still and quietly for the performance until it's over. But when I saw Ravel's Daphnis and Chloe recently, I did make sure to immediately get out of my seat and clap enthusiastically: instant standing ovation :)

BlackParadePixie
November 11th, 2016, 08:43 PM
listening to some Mozart right now :)

Hermes
November 21st, 2016, 11:48 AM
I enjoy classical music, along with other types of music too. I sometimes go to concerts and also listen to recordings.

In general pop music has a tune which is stretched out over about two to five minutes. In classical music usually a pair of themes are stretched out over a much long time and to keep it interesting there have to be changes. The themes are played straight and elaborated but also changes in volume and tempo are used.

In a concert hall the changes in volume are very effective and the convention at a classical concert is for the audience to keep quiet and listen so even quiet sounds can be heard. Compare this with a rock concert where the music is amplified to make sure it is the loudest thing despite people talking and shouting and singing along.

Another big difference is that classical instruments are designed to sound good unamplified and an orchestra is balanced to sound good by having the right number of players on each part. By comparison music which relies on studio technology can sound very different when played live. More energentic, perhaps, but not as "clean" sounding.

Classical recordings can sound very good too but you have to listen somewhere where you can apreaciate the dynamtic range. They don't work so well on earbuds on the subway or against the engine noise in a car.

german_boy
November 26th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Do you enjoy watch orchestra concert? Yes
and how long concert last? From 1 to 3 hrs usually
how is the audience? Good.

Shin-Ah
November 27th, 2016, 07:47 PM
I'm in an orchestra we had a concert about 2 weeks ago at this big, and really pretty church. The audience gave us a standing ovation which was really cool, and i think ours was only like an hour long. But I love classical music in general so......♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡