PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Mistake?

Rugby99
October 23rd, 2016, 06:31 PM
While all my friends are out on Friday and Saturday nights at parties or school football games I'm at home by myself. I'm also not the kind of person to go out and get drunk or do illegal things. I'm afraid that I'm making a huge mistake by not going out though. I'm not going to college so I'm never going to have the "college experience" and I want to be able to tell my kids one day about the crazy fun I had in high school. We are only kids for so long and I don't want this time to go by and miss things by sitting in my room on a Friday night instead to hanging out with friends. What should I do?

Elysium
October 23rd, 2016, 07:19 PM
If you're not the type of person who enjoys going out and partying, then you wouldn't be having any fun doing so anyway. As long as you're having fun or enjoying what you're doing, that's more than satisfactory. Everyone's different and the standards are stupid, anyway. I'm the same way you are and sometimes I worry that I missed out on some fundamental experience, but I know that's just not who I am and I would've made myself miserable trying to be that way.

Amethyst Rose
October 23rd, 2016, 07:31 PM
Going out to parties and such isn't really my thing either. As long as you're doing what makes you happy, I wouldn't say you're missing out on anything. Doing things that you don't find fun is wasting time you could be enjoying yourself.

ClaraWho
October 23rd, 2016, 07:51 PM
Going out to parties and such isn't really my thing either. As long as you're doing what makes you happy, I wouldn't say you're missing out on anything. Doing things that you don't find fun is wasting time you could be enjoying yourself.

I agree, especially if those things involve illegal activities or drinking alcohol. Just stupid, cheap risks for short-term mindless 'thrills'.

And for those out partying? If you have to induce an altered mental state in order to find something fun, it clearly isn't fun to begin with.

Find what makes you happy, what you want from life, and then pursue it constantly. Don't waste your youth on activities you've no desire to partake in.

~ Clara

Devinsoccer
October 23rd, 2016, 08:11 PM
While all my friends are out on Friday and Saturday nights at parties or school football games I'm at home by myself. I'm also not the kind of person to go out and get drunk or do illegal things. I'm afraid that I'm making a huge mistake by not going out though. I'm not going to college so I'm never going to have the "college experience" and I want to be able to tell my kids one day about the crazy fun I had in high school. We are only kids for so long and I don't want this time to go by and miss things by sitting in my room on a Friday night instead to hanging out with friends. What should I do?

Well, if your not that knid of guy who goes to parties and football Games, that's fine, nothing wrong with it. I would recomend you going to at least on football game though. Its the safest invorment if you wanted to go. One, at least 10 cops are at the game two, NO AUCHOL OR ILLEGAL THINGS ALLOWED three, you don't have to watch the football, you can watch the cheerleaders or listen to the band play stand tunes, then at halftime you can watch the band play their halftime show(when the competition really starts). Honestly, the games are only 5 bucks to get in. Its a good deal. If you don't that's okay, if you really arnt the party game type then your just going to regret going and waist money and time.

Ben7
October 24th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Well, as everyone has said, there's no problem not being into all that stuff. In fact in the long run it's probably going to work out better for you anyways. You shouldn't want to do something like this just because everyone else does it or because you want to have something to tell your kids. Be your own person and tell your kids about what YOU liked to do when you were in high school and how you spent your time.

That said, if you really want to have this sort of experience then I'm pretty sure you could just go do it once or twice or however many times you want. You don't have to like it, but you could go just for the sake of being able to say you've done it. You wouldn't even have to drink at social events like this either, though you could obviously try it if you wanted to, but just go there and put yourself into that atmosphere and see what it's like. See for yourself whether you've actually been missing out on something or not. And then when/if you don't like it, then don't do it again but at least you will be able to say you've done it. Personally I wouldn't do something I don't want to do just so that I could say I've done it, but if you want to do this you totally could.

Uniquemind
October 25th, 2016, 01:20 AM

Don't be that parent.

I really roll my eyes when parents tell me their "glory college years" stories.

I'm sure many agree with me that sometimes them telling us those tales are more for themselves reminiscing, than for us.

There's only merit in it when there's a life lesson to the story to give us a head start advantage when we reach the point in our lives that they were at in the story.

popcorn 1
October 26th, 2016, 07:46 AM
well, did you ever go on any party? maybe to go just to see who it is. you dont have to drink if you dont want, you could just dance or have a good time with your friends, i dont know.
i like to go to the parties but my brother for example wasnt much of a party guy. he rather went to his friends houses or his friends came to us or they just went and hang out somewhere, just with a few best budies and he still have fun and still have stories to alk about and to remember.