PDA

View Full Version : Right rib cage slightly larger than left

JoshPro
October 23rd, 2016, 02:04 PM
Okay, I just noticed a few days back that my right rib cage is a bit large than my left rib cage and I can feel it a bit with my right arm around my armpit. Was wondering if this rib cage asymmetricality is normal.

BlackParadePixie
October 24th, 2016, 05:48 PM
I would take a guess and say that it's most likely not abnormal...to an extent. Lots of people have body part pairs that end up being different sizes or shapes...feet, boobs, eyes, ears...etc. If it's something you're really worried about you could go get an x-ray and talk to a doctor about it if you're concerned.

Uniquemind
October 25th, 2016, 12:09 AM
I think it is a bit normal, but it's gonna come down to if it's causing you discomfort.

If it's an extreme difference in ribcage size that is abnormal.

When the human body develops, it basically clones half of it's body, that's why when you look at people's faces including your own the right side will be somewhat different from the left side in a minimal way.

jamie_n5
October 28th, 2016, 07:41 PM
I would take a guess and say that it's most likely not abnormal...to an extent. Lots of people have body part pairs that end up being different sizes or shapes...feet, boobs, eyes, ears...etc. If it's something you're really worried about you could go get an x-ray and talk to a doctor about it if you're concerned.

This is exactly the way I feel. If you are worried or need peace of mind then you sure can talk with your doctor.